U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 04:41 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,854,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
Insecure about what, exactly? Minnesota is consistently at the top of the rankings nationally (let alone in the Midwest) for a plethora of things...there's not really anything to be insecure about.
Like this one for example: Minneapolis-St. Paul Ranked #4th Snobbiest City. If Minnesotans aren't insecure, then why do they act so superior to everyone else, just because Underwater Kite Flying Magazine ranked you number 1?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 05:13 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,198,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Like this one for example: Minneapolis-St. Paul Ranked #4th Snobbiest City. If Minnesotans aren't insecure, then why do they act so superior to everyone else, just because Underwater Kite Flying Magazine ranked you number 1?
Pot, meet kettle. Aren't you the same guy who incessantly trolls the Minneapolis–St. Paul forums, just to remind us how "snobby" we are? You are the poster child for insecure.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:20 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,854,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
Pot, meet kettle. Aren't you the same guy who incessantly trolls the Minneapolis–St. Paul forums, just to remind us how "snobby" we are? You are the poster child for insecure.
You are snobby, and you put down every single other state, because apparently some magazine said you're number 1. Minnesotans are insecure because the only thing anyone knows about them is that they're cold. Iowa has the caucuses, Wisconsin has beer, cheese, and the Packers, Michigan has Detroit, what stands out about Minnesota? They are jealous because they feel their city deserves recognition for their above average, but still pretty mediocre, cultural offerings, and good economy, and that translates into passive-aggressive put downs of other places.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:41 PM

Good old Cleverfield, faithful defender of all things anti-Minnesotan.

Seems very telling that while the Minnesotans who have participated in this thread have had nothing but good things to say about Iowa, you have to make this into an irrelevant attack on "Minnesota snobbery".

Old 12-23-2014, 11:33 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,403,262 times
^ Double shot of textbook insecurity

Old 12-23-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
^ Double shot of textbook insecurity
Are you just pointing at things and calling them "textbook insecurity" now?

Old 12-23-2014, 01:42 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,303,886 times
I grew up in the Kansas City area (Kansas side) and to me, Iowa was just an equally boring Midwestern state as Kansas. Overall, I had no real opinion of it, negative or positive. It didn't really feel any different from NE Kansas.

When I think of Iowa today, I think of old people sitting in diners talking to politicians.

Old 12-23-2014, 04:41 PM

2,025 posts, read 2,356,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I grew up in the Kansas City area (Kansas side) and to me, Iowa was just an equally boring Midwestern state as Kansas. Overall, I had no real opinion of it, negative or positive. It didn't really feel any different from NE Kansas.

When I think of Iowa today, I think of old people sitting in diners talking to politicians.
Iowa is generally considered pretty progressive....Kansas not so much.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:04 PM

20,861 posts, read 35,987,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
Iowa is generally considered pretty progressive....Kansas not so much.
Kansas= Brownback, regressive.
Iowa= close to the national average politically, evenly split.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:02 PM

2,082 posts, read 2,903,482 times
Never really thought about Iowa and I grew up in a bordering state (Missouri). But I grew up 4 and a half hours from the border though so that is probably why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or