U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2015, 11:38 AM

622 posts, read 948,402 times

Advertisements

We didn't have anything till mid February. It has mainly been in the 40s-70s....but it snowed 5 days ago and it's still on the ground and has been freezing!!! They are calling for freezing rain tonight...but an inch of rain tomorrow. It's pretty rare for us to have snow on the ground for almost a solid week. I love in southern mo near the Arkansas state line!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 11:45 AM

148 posts, read 158,986 times
Everyone else has said its been a mild or less snowy winter for them. Wish I could say the same for Upstate NY.

I don't think its possible here.

There was just an article in the paper the other day about it being below average snowfall and there's 5 feet of snow on the ground..

This whole month has sucked. Probably an average temperature of 6 degrees and snow 5/7 days. Just awful winter weather.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:47 AM

4,925 posts, read 4,928,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbored198824 View Post
We didn't have anything till mid February. It has mainly been in the 40s-70s....but it snowed 5 days ago and it's still on the ground and has been freezing!!! They are calling for freezing rain tonight...but an inch of rain tomorrow. It's pretty rare for us to have snow on the ground for almost a solid week. I love in southern mo near the Arkansas state line!
It snowed as far south as GA and they have ice on the roads in Arkansas, NC, TN and GA and it was in the 20s in Northern Florida. We have been -11 and -13 as lows the past two nights, setting record lows in Kentucky. This is the worst winter storm to hit the south in nearly 20 years.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:28 PM

80 posts, read 76,350 times
Low 70s here in SoCal.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:29 PM

13,241 posts, read 24,468,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
It snowed as far south as GA and they have ice on the roads in Arkansas, NC, TN and GA and it was in the 20s in Northern Florida. We have been -11 and -13 as lows the past two nights, setting record lows in Kentucky. This is the worst winter storm to hit the south in nearly 20 years.
Looks pretty as heck though.

This winter has been milder than normal. I may be changing that tune after this weekend.

The last of our 6 inch snowfall from Sunday/Monday finished melting yesterday. But, we're expecting a foot between tonight and Monday morning. I'm hoping it will be at least semi-epic. Not much in the way of cold (there's like a single digit or two in there, but for me, real cold temps are sub-zero double digits), but also more snow mid-week next week. Our two snowiest months are March and April.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:59 PM

1,069 posts, read 857,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Record lows in Kentucky I think it was -11 last night actual temp not wind chill. The high is about 25 today not too bad and 30s tomorrow but we still have 10-12 inches of snow. Near the worst winter in 17 years here. Much of the south is having a historically cold and snowy winter but it is what it is, nothing you can do about it. Spring is coming in 4 weeks.

Let's hope, there was snow through the entire month of April in Michigan last year but I'm sure Kentucky will be thawed out by the end of March by the latest. Unless this is the beginning of the ice aga, haha.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:36 PM

1,262 posts, read 830,868 times
Very cold and ALOT of snow in northern NY (Watertown)

Old 02-20-2015, 01:56 PM

11,888 posts, read 10,409,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DagsNJ View Post
Everyone else has said its been a mild or less snowy winter for them. Wish I could say the same for Upstate NY.

I don't think its possible here.

There was just an article in the paper the other day about it being below average snowfall and there's 5 feet of snow on the ground..

This whole month has sucked. Probably an average temperature of 6 degrees and snow 5/7 days. Just awful winter weather.
Haha-I thought it was well known that Upstate New York has very cold and snowy winters-you don't see people complain about it much because it's just something they deal with...

That's not "awful winter weather" for Upstate New York-that's just Winter.

Old 02-20-2015, 05:59 PM

9,450 posts, read 18,372,524 times
I get bored out here in the summer sometimes, but reading some of these posts have really validated my move out to the desert. February in Albuquerque has been mostly balmy days in the 60's, cools down to the 40's at night with a few chilly days here and there. We got water issues out here, but desert life is ephemeral. I'm going to stay in the desert for as long as I can pull it off. 300 + days a year of balmy sunshine make most days brighter with more optimism for me.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:22 PM

4,954 posts, read 7,615,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambitions View Post
Low 70s here in SoCal.
But scary dry. Sometimes its seems like it will never rain again here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or