U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2014, 04:48 PM

44 posts, read 51,206 times

Advertisements

I currently live in southeast Florida and I do not like it one bit.

I prefer milder weather. Its way too hot and humid here. I could handle 30's 40's 50's 60's 70's in terms of weather.

My work experience is in marketing and entry-level finance. I would take any business job to get started (finance, accounting, marketing, consulting, analyst etc). I have a bachelors degree in business marketing from a state university. I have been working full time for 3 years.

I am 27 years old. I love being close to the ocean, the mountains, and nature in general. I want to live amongst smarter, more cultured people. I want to live in an area with higher income, even if it means that it is much more expensive to rent an apartment there.

In a nutshell, I want better weather (cooler), better people (smarter, friendlier, more cultured, not such rude ignorant entitled morons), and better career opportunities with higher income. Florida, well how could anyone live here unless you're retiring rich. Maybe I'll come back when I make 10 million dollars

Where do you experienced travelers recommend I move to? I would appreciate your input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 07:09 PM

2,577 posts, read 2,595,004 times
Connecticut

Old 12-21-2014, 12:14 AM

6,316 posts, read 6,972,968 times
You named three main criteria for which Miami is about as bad as it gets, so most of the country looks good as a result. Few places are not cooler temps than Miami, most large cities have better career opportunities, and it's not hard to beat the stereotype of the people in South FL.

That said, considering mountains, ocean, nature, business marketing and finance, I'm gonna suggest Seattle followed by Portland. Denver and Minneapolis deserve mention but obviously you'll have to compromise on the ocean part.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:38 AM

79 posts, read 103,274 times
Missoula Montana beautiful mountains and lots of hiking trails nature is all around you here in Missoula

Old 12-21-2014, 06:05 AM

21,195 posts, read 30,379,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalSharks View Post
I currently live in southeast Florida and I do not like it one bit.

I prefer milder weather. Its way too hot and humid here. I could handle 30's 40's 50's 60's 70's in terms of weather.

My work experience is in marketing and entry-level finance. I would take any business job to get started (finance, accounting, marketing, consulting, analyst etc). I have a bachelors degree in business marketing from a state university. I have been working full time for 3 years.

I am 27 years old. I love being close to the ocean, the mountains, and nature in general. I want to live amongst smarter, more cultured people. I want to live in an area with higher income, even if it means that it is much more expensive to rent an apartment there.

In a nutshell, I want better weather (cooler), better people (smarter, friendlier, more cultured, not such rude ignorant entitled morons), and better career opportunities with higher income. Florida, well how could anyone live here unless you're retiring rich. Maybe I'll come back when I make 10 million dollars

Where do you experienced travelers recommend I move to? I would appreciate your input
Check out Durham-Chapel Hill in North Carolina. It's within a couple of hours of both mountains and the coast, has a moderate four season climate, a healthy economy with a low unemployment rate and a generally friendly population with high educational attainment. Durham-Chapel Hill is ranked #10 in terms of metro areas having the most educated population in the country, with around half of the population holding a Bachelor's Degree, versus Miami where it's about half that. It's also not insanely expensive either with a cost of living less than Miami, and salaries higher in most instances.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:27 AM

44 posts, read 51,206 times
I appreciate your great responses guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or