U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Little Rock is more like ATLANTA or more like DALLAS?
Atlanta 32 44.44%
Dallas 40 55.56%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 07:24 PM

5,286 posts, read 4,159,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post

And you know this how? You don't even know who's voted in this poll but somehow you magically know this? Oh I forgot, you're smarter than everybody else on this thread.
Smarter than you, maybe. Click on the numbers for each poll tally and the link will take you to the names of each poster who voted and what option they chose
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2014, 07:30 PM

29,940 posts, read 27,375,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
Smarter than you, maybe. Click on the numbers for each poll tally and the link will take you to the names of each poster who voted and what option they chose
I didn't know it was one of those types of polls because I typically don't vote in C-D polls, even ones where the question makes sense. Even so, putting stock into polls like these is a non-starter. I've seen polls with dumber questions with higher levels of participation.

Old 12-26-2014, 12:43 AM

18,633 posts, read 27,060,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I understand the question. I just think it's a dumb question.

Little Rock and Dallas are similar? Yeah, I guess so - they're both in the United States.
agreed. I have family in Arkansas and we visit Little Rock from time to time. They have little in common with each other. Little Rock is a smaller Memphis IMO.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:45 AM

8,380 posts, read 8,373,886 times
I'd say it's more like Bugtussle.

Old 12-26-2014, 03:33 PM

103 posts, read 221,446 times
Went to college in Arkansas lived in little Rock while in college. Little rock is not like either one to me. I now live in Dallas and will say tons of people from Little Rock move here, but I don't think OR reminds me of Dallas. OR does feel more southern than Dallas to me although it's a little further up. As far as Atlanta I havenot spent too much time there, but from what I have saworked I would say it would remind me more of Atlanta than Dallas. With that being said I still don't think it's anything like ATL. Maybe the hills and the southern feel is making me lean more toward ATL. I don't know how many tranplants from OR ATL has but again moving to Dallas many move here from OR due to it being close. Even when living in Little Rock tons of people were head for Dallas or Texas period. The only people I know moved to ATL weye a lot of my college buddy's that were from ATL already, moving back after college. Little Rock is small but it packs a big punch for a city it's size.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:20 AM

351 posts, read 550,712 times
I don't know which of the 2 cities Little Rock is most like but it is definitely more oriented toward Dallas. To people in Little Rock, Atlanta is just some far away city while Dallas is more in their consciousness, where they'll take a day trip or go to sporting events.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:26 AM

351 posts, read 550,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I'd say it's more like Bugtussle.
Have you been to both cities?

Old 12-30-2014, 01:15 PM

305 posts, read 321,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawBoi View Post
Little Rock has no NFL team.
Little Rock has no MLB team.
Little Rock has no NBA team.
Little Rock has no light rail system.

Dallas is 319 miles from Little Rock. Memphis is 137 miles from Little Rock. I'm from Little Rock and I don't know why this thread was even made.
Not including the kind of people in Arkansas.
This thread, lol

Old 12-30-2014, 01:37 PM

2,825 posts, read 3,268,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb05f View Post
I don't know which of the 2 cities Little Rock is most like but it is definitely more oriented toward Dallas. To people in Little Rock, Atlanta is just some far away city while Dallas is more in their consciousness, where they'll take a day trip or go to sporting events.
Seriously. Why would Atlanta be in the minds of people in Little Rock or the whole state of Arkansas? The influence of Atlanta doesn't extend west of Alabama. I've heard most people in Arkansas pull for Dallas teams, like the Dallas Cowboys. Not to mention the fact that Dallas is much closer.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:46 AM

10,167 posts, read 17,115,139 times
Quote:
=KathrynAragon;37754205]That's like asking "Which guy is Rowan Atkinson more like - Brad Pitt or George Clooney?"

Or "Which does a boiled egg taste the most like - a chocolate shake or a roast beef sandwich?"
You left out the "tastes like chicken" option, Kathy! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or