U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 11:57 AM

1,775 posts, read 2,516,474 times

Advertisements

With the exception of a small handful of places in the Sun Belt and Interior West, any big city will have a diverse range of ethnic neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2014, 10:20 PM

6,319 posts, read 6,983,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Seattle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow- View Post
And you happened to land on the incorrect ones.
Really?? Seattle has a huge Chinese population and a long history with the Japanese. Vietnamese, Filipino and Korean are also sizable. And that's just Asian population. Nearly 18% of residents are foreign-born, 50% above the national average.

Miami...I really don't need to explain that one do I?

Old 12-28-2014, 12:56 AM

3,530 posts, read 4,269,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by north2south. View Post
What city has the most cultural neighborhoods.. Outside of NYC, Chicago, la, san fransoxo?

Example.. Little Italy-China town
Please do not call SF "San Fransoxo". It is offensive to anyone who has lived here 10 minutes or more than you have. Only blow-ins from the Midwest and anonymous commenters to The Bold Italic say "San Fransoxo." I have heard some old school rappers say "San Fransoxo" or "Froxo," but unless you lived here in the '80s, and are from a neiborhood south of 11th St., you're a poseur if you use these nicknames.

Old 12-28-2014, 03:03 AM

207 posts, read 270,978 times
Dude are you serious? It was an accident typo by my phone you need to chill. I really could careless what it's called I just don't want it used in the answers because every person who has been or lived there is gonna use it as an answer.

So thanks for your lesson in nothing. Move along
If you have nothing important to add because I don't feel like having another thread go into 44 pages about what people call San francisco.

Old 12-28-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by north2south. View Post
Dude are you serious? It was an accident typo by my phone you need to chill. I really could careless what it's called I just don't want it used in the answers because every person who has been or lived there is gonna use it as an answer.

So thanks for your lesson in nothing. Move along
If you have nothing important to add because I don't feel like having another thread go into 44 pages about what people call San francisco.
Steady. I was joking.

I was making fun of the faux outrage that always pops up when someone uses an "unapproved" nickname for SF. It should have been obvious.

Old 12-28-2014, 09:45 AM

622 posts, read 947,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
Steady. I was joking.

I was making fun of the faux outrage that always pops up when someone uses an "unapproved" nickname for SF. It should have been obvious.
You need to make your sarcasm more obvious when typing online. It looked to me like you were 100% serious as well. Maybe you were and are now just trying to cover up your outburst....that would make more sense.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:43 PM

6,319 posts, read 6,983,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
It is offensive to anyone who has lived here 10 minutes or more than you have.
This is a sentence that is dripping with satire, so I believe dalparadise was joking. Doesn't really matter though.

Old 12-28-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbored198824 View Post
You need to make your sarcasm more obvious when typing online. It looked to me like you were 100% serious as well. Maybe you were and are now just trying to cover up your outburst....that would make more sense.
No one has ever actually called it "San Fransoxo" to my knowledge, so that should have been your clue.

In the future I will try to filter for Branson, MO.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:51 PM

5,805 posts, read 8,571,807 times
SF, BOS, PIT

These cities are 3 true "City of Neighborhoods" IMO. If i you've been to all 3 you know what Im talking about.

Old 01-03-2015, 03:27 PM

207 posts, read 270,978 times
What cities have a nice cultural neighborhood (say little
Italy) that you would t expect?

Is there a city like.. Oklahoma City say that has some sort of ethnic neighboorhood that churns out an awesomely unique experience and food scene?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.