U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2014, 03:29 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,495,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Arizona. Calling the southeast a nightmare. That is funny.
I guess its funny if you enjoy stifling humidity, ice storms, torrential rain, hurricanes, high crime, mosquito hordes, no skiing, swamps, gators, ticks, clouds, mud, and ridiculous accents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 03:48 PM

10,169 posts, read 6,512,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I guess its funny if you enjoy stifling humidity, ice storms, torrential rain, hurricanes, high crime, mosquito hordes, no skiing, swamps, gators, ticks, clouds, mud, and ridiculous accents.

My, my, are we angry. Just because Arizona "ain't no paradise." Get over it. Enjoy your 6 month plus "hot as hell" weather.

Oh and I rarely see some of the other things you listed above. Nice try at dissing though.

Last edited by Scotty011; 12-29-2014 at 04:18 PM..

Old 12-29-2014, 05:32 PM

5,302 posts, read 8,121,609 times
Quote:
Oh please. AZ sees awful drought with 6 months out of the year feeling like an oven. Ice storms in most of the South aren't common. The hurricanes really aren't as common a people think; mud and clouds are everywhere when it rain--it's not a big deal. Get over it. Swamps are beautiful--just like the brown mountains of AZ. Mosquitoes and ticks suck, I agree. High crime in the South? Maybe in New Orleans, but most of the South is safe. The South has gators, yes--but AZ has rattlesnakes, scorpions, and other such undesirable creatures. The torrential rain--it is a tropical, warm rain that happens in the summer and only lasts an hour. Afterwards, it's sunny again. It keeps everything lush and green--something that the brown dirt of AZ will never know.

Let's not act like AZ is a paradise. Y'all get chilly winter rain, and high humidity/torrential downpours in the monsoon season. Cold weather also makes its way into Phoenix a lot of the time. As for skiing--didn't you move to Az to get AWAY from snow? Most people prefer beaches, something that AZ lacks, while the South has this:

Old 12-29-2014, 05:51 PM

29,983 posts, read 27,507,395 times
Quote:
Lolol...no one location in the South even experiences a majority of these things. And what makes an accent "ridiculous" pray tell?

Clouds are bad? Rain is bad?

"No skiing"? Seriously????

Old 12-29-2014, 06:05 PM

5,302 posts, read 8,121,609 times
It's not as if AZ is known for being a skiing hotspot anyways.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:16 PM

368 posts, read 401,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Lolol...no one location in the South even experiences a majority of these things. And what makes an accent "ridiculous" pray tell?

Clouds are bad? Rain is bad?

"No skiing"? Seriously????
Don't mind him. Those are just some of the things that Arizonans tell themselves to try and justify living in a desert.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:36 PM

5,886 posts, read 4,198,617 times
Quote:
My, my, are we angry. Just because Arizona "ain't no paradise." Get over it. Enjoy your 6 month plus "hot as hell" weather.
The irony of a southerner calling out someone from another area of the country for being touchy and overly sensitive about perceived slights towards their homeland is not lost on me. Especially considering this thread is full of butthurt southerners getting upset over inconvenient facts and overblowing semi-negative comments about the southeast.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
The irony of a southerner calling out someone from another area of the country for being touchy and overly sensitive about perceived slights towards their homeland is not lost on me.

So? Like I give a damn. Go complain elsewhere. Did someone ask for your opinion?

Last edited by Scotty011; 12-29-2014 at 08:57 PM..

Old 12-29-2014, 08:42 PM

5,886 posts, read 4,198,617 times
Quote:
So? Like I give a damn. Go complain elsewhere.
My, my are we angry.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
My, my are we angry.

No! Just tired of ignorant haters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or