Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 12:45 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times

Advertisements

Too many people are still sleeping and dreaming in America smh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 12:49 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK115 View Post
Don't mind him. Those are just some of the things that Arizonans tell themselves to try and justify living in a desert.
The Sonoran Desert is one of the most beautiful places in the nation. If one cant see the beauty of this place, then I dont know what to tell you. Theres nothing more beautiful than standing on top of a Saguaro-studded mountain at sunset, looking at the raging sunset colors above, and the layers-upon-layers of purple mountains and mesas below.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:53 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
High crime exists all over the south... Miami, Memphis, NOLA, ATL, etc. Even the smallish town of Clarksville, TN, where we lived was plagued. It was awful.

Yes, AZ has rattlers and scorpions, but so does the south. There are several rattlesnake species and scorpions species, so the south is no different in that aspect. Its all the other bugs the SE has that are what make it miserable, especially chiggers. Screw chiggers!

I didnt say AZ was a paradise. Im the first to point out its shortcomings. We do get some chilly winter rain, but it hardly often.

I didnt move to AZ to get away from snow. I moved here for my wife's health. And its nice to be able to drive just 90 minutes or so to go see the snow or go a little further to go skiing. Cant do that in FL.

Most of the people in Florida are there because they are tired of snow and ice. They would not drive 10 minutes to get to snow. Also they may not have snow skiing, but you can waterski most of the year. Some like that even better.

I won't go into the bugs and pest of Arizona, but a little research shows that you have an abundance of them.

Crime exists throughout the country. You can't put that on the South. Yes it even exists in Arizona, believe it or not.

Last edited by Scotty011; 12-30-2014 at 01:26 PM..

Old 12-30-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Most of the people in Florida are there because they are tired of snow and ice. They would not drive 10 minutes to get to snow. Also they may not have snow skiing, but you can waterski most of the year. Some like that even better.

I won't go into the bugs and pest of Arizona, but a little research shows that you have an abundance of them.

Crime exists throughout the country. You can't put that on the South. Yes it even exists in Arizona, believe it or not.
Granted most people in AZ dont want snow and ice either, but its nice to have an option to take a short drive to see it, which tons of people do. And on the rare occassion we do get a little snow here, people are out in force to go see it. Youll see people driving around with snowmen on their roofs. lol I kid you not.

Old 12-30-2014, 01:38 PM

Someone actually shared a nice little link with pictures of PHX area with winter snow.

Phoenix and Scottsdale Snow

Old 12-30-2014, 01:39 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Quote:
Granted most people in AZ dont want snow and ice either, but its nice to have an option to take a short drive to see it, which tons of people do. And on the rare occassion we do get a little snow here, people are out in force to go see it. Youll see people driving around with snowmen on their roofs. lol I kid you not.
Yeah, that must be crazy for you guys. Vegas is set to get a storm with some snow this week, I can't imagine it though I know it happens on occasion. How odd but probably slightly exciting. That kind of change can be nice IMO even if it's rare.

Old 12-30-2014, 01:43 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,592,405 times
Hell, even the hills around the San Fernando Valley (which is part of the city of Los Angeles) gets snow, and everyone suddenly forgets how to drive.

I love seeing idiots go 75 mph and losing control, with a suprised look on their face "how did this happen?"

Old 12-30-2014, 01:54 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:

That's just like where I live. People go nuts when it snows. I like snow, but I only want it to stay around 3 or 4 days then I want it to disappear. I have several friends that live in Arizona around Fountain Hills.

Old 12-30-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Yeah, that must be crazy for you guys. Vegas is set to get a storm with some snow this week, I can't imagine it though I know it happens on occasion. How odd but probably slightly exciting. That kind of change can be nice IMO even if it's rare.
I havent experienced snow here in Phoenix yet, Im anxious to see it though! Its possible we might get some snow down to 3-5K foot elevation here in PHoenix, so some outlying mountains might have snow cover come Thursday. Im praying for it! I miss the snow.

Vegas gets snow about every 3 or so years it seems. A few years back I believe they got several inches on the strip.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
That's just like where I live. People go nuts when it snows. I like snow, but I only want it to stay around 3 or 4 days then disappear. I have several friends that live in Arizona around Fountain Hills.
I miss the snow. Im like you, I dont want a lot of it, just an inch or two that lasts a few days. In fact, my only beef with snow is the salt they use to dissipate it... it eats the crap outta your car.

Fountain Hills is one of my favorite 'burbs here. Its just a little too far out for me to consider it, but I love going there. I try and go at least once a month to Fountain Hills just to marvel in its beauty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.