Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 02:16 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,964,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
Oklahoma? Weather wise, it's very California-like for 3 seasons... in the winter, there's mild snowing, and temps can dip to the low 20s. Tulsa and Oklahoma City border colleges, so you might be able to find things to do within your age group.
Maybe a little bit like the Central Valley, but nothing like the coastal California climate people rave about and define the state with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 02:29 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,607,320 times
You need to come to terms with the fact that you're not going to find a comparable climate to Coastal California in other parts of the US. If you actually do try any of the dumb suggestions that people have given in this thread, you will find yourself miserable. The climate totally sucks in other parts of the US. If you could handle humidity you'd be fine, but since you can't you're pretty much limited to California. So my advice? Get used to the high cost of living.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:33 PM

3,453 posts, read 4,527,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
You need to come to terms with the fact that you're not going to find a comparable climate to Coastal California in other parts of the US.
Truth

Old 12-29-2014, 04:54 PM

129 posts, read 231,130 times
Thank you all for your suggestions. I know that I will never find another climate like California and that I need to broaden my view. I have been looking a lot and I really like New Mexico, North/South Carolina, Oregon, and maybe Texas. I have been looking at a lot of cities and trying to find out which ones would be best for me, with mild winter/summers and not too much humidly.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:24 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,250,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Oklahoma and Salt Lake City are both quite cold in winter, and OK is also baking in the summer--not what the OP wants.
I grew up in San Diego myself, and I've traveled through many parts of the US (and outside the US). Except for the winter, Oklahoma came closest to Southern California weather that I've experienced. Especially the summers-- not heavily dry, but not muggy. The winters are cold, but compared to other climates with heavy precipitation and/or sub-zero temperatures, it wasn't unbearable.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:42 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,206,460 times
I also spent most of my childhood in San Diego. I'll admit that I haven't been to OK for long periods of time, but it didn't seem similar to SD. There were more thunderstorms in the summer; seems to get more rain in general. And even so, the OP doesn't want cold weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.