U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 07:46 PM

5,286 posts, read 3,505,244 times

Advertisements

Still curious re: the reference to Deltona, FL in your original question, truthkillszz?

Are you only looking for airports in Central Florida, or is anywhere game?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 08:01 PM

4,247 posts, read 9,712,249 times
MDT (Harrisburg International Airport, PA - hey, it does have a Toronto flight) is right next to Middletown, PA (hence the symbol) which is a modest income relatively safe community. It's on an Amtrak line with frequent service to NYC

Old 01-12-2015, 06:23 PM

3,530 posts, read 3,071,112 times
Atlanta. It has lots of great neighborhoods near the airport. ( Peachtree City, Chattahoochee Hills, Lake Spivey...)

Old 01-12-2015, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McdonaldIndy View Post
Its also the worlds busiest airport and one of the biggest hassles i have encountered well flying.
As airports get mega large like Atlanta and O'hare convenience and low hassle goes out the window.
It's a totally different experience having it as your home Airport, though.

I know it can sometimes be a pain to connect through ATL, but it usually performs like a well oiled machine. They have completely overhauled the concessions too, and we have some great new choices now for eating/drinking/shopping.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McdonaldIndy View Post
From my experience many years traveling what i have noticed is an inverted relationship.
As Airports become more and more busy then convince, low hassle go down in proportion. Its very stressful to connect through Atlanta too with the crowd as if you are late for your flight which ive been close a couple times you are screwed.
Oh, trust me McdonaldIndy - I know all too well! I can't tell you how many times I literally ran for missed connections here before I lived in Atlanta.

It's actually great living here, though. I take the train out there in 40 minutes from my neighborhood, which usually beats driving time. I arrive early enough to enjoy a nice meal or drink, and it's stress-free.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:30 PM

890 posts, read 1,093,961 times
Because Dayton, OH is the HQ for US Airways Express, they have a lot of flights to and from major eastern airports that take a lot of airline employees both ways. The Northmont school district that covers many of the communities to the west of the airport is pretty good.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:24 PM

3,178 posts, read 3,846,097 times
I'd say Cleveland. It's a major city, with big city amenities, but very affordable, with lots of family friendly areas, and easy to get to the fairly large airport. We even have a rapid transit line that runs directly there. I'd say Cleveland is the best bang for your buck city in the country.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:32 AM

What's funny is that the OP asked for Airports near Deltona, FL of all places - but he has never explained if that is the only option?

Old 01-20-2015, 09:55 AM

4 posts, read 4,137 times
Sorry I haven't responded guys, I've been having a hard time keeping track of everything since the newborn came along (I'm sleeping 3hrs a night). I can move pretty much anywhere that is near an airport that has TSA. The only reason my first option was FL, was because we have some friends and relatives out there. I am currently looking at Indianapolis, and Atlanta. I know a ton of co-workers that transferred to ATL, and loved it.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:51 AM

4,060 posts, read 4,462,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
I'd say Cleveland. It's a major city, with big city amenities, but very affordable, with lots of family friendly areas, and easy to get to the fairly large airport. We even have a rapid transit line that runs directly there. I'd say Cleveland is the best bang for your buck city in the country.
Cleveland was my first thought as well. Nice airport, and very easy to get to in terms of roads/parking or transport from a variety of neighborhood options (city/rural, etc.). Though unlikely someone preferring FL is going to choose it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or