Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2015, 03:07 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,058,402 times

Advertisements

[quote=Scotty011;38164877]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Oh okay I guess I'm delusional in thinking that Lincoln was a great president and that this country would not have survived without his leadership. I guess you are right that he was a murderous dictator and that the Confederacy was the real blessed and glorious freedom loving America that should have been successful in its efforts to break the USA apart. And you call the guy from Ohio treasonous and use the term his "home country"? Wow.

You are the one delusional about this country and its history. Shall we build a giant memorial to the slaver Jefferson Davis on the Washington Mall now, and tear down the Lincoln Memorial?

I have to say after reading through this thread, and so many others like it on this forum, that I don't think the northern states and southern states of this country belong in the same nation. We just have too many differences of culture and values. So, maybe we should just part company peacefully. Wouldn't bother me one bit. Good riddance actually. But I would certainly hope that after splitting we would have nothing to do with them in anyway. I would prefer closer ties to Canada and Europe, and prefer we keep our distance from the former South (or whatever their new name is).[/quote]

My,my,my. What do you say to this type of ignorance??
It's ironic that I was called treasonous merely for stating I prefer one region of the US over another, but we have people here actively promoting the idea of breaking up the nation (I think it's been tried), and not a peep is said against it. That's pretty telling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 03:11 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
No it's mostly just the northerners stereotyping the south if you notice. They see themselves as a superior part of the country because of NY, Boston, and all the wealthy people and so on. They call people in the south derogatory names such as hillbillies and rednecks and so on. I'm guessing Duck Dynasty didn't help any lol.
Lot of Yankees or Northeast transplants are moving to places like Atlanta, Charlotte and Nashville because the economy and the cost of living is better. The Southern cities are becoming more progressive everyday so I don't really see the point of the arguments. The rural South in some areas can be undedicated and have a high rate poverty but the cities in the Northeast have the same problem lack of education and poverty its the same thing everywhere you go, the more connections and degrees you have the better chance for a higher paying job doesn't matter where in the United States you go.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:41 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,928,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
It's ironic that I was called treasonous merely for stating I prefer one region of the US over another, but we have people here actively promoting the idea of breaking up the nation (I think it's been tried), and not a peep is said against it. That's pretty telling.
Wrong again. People challenge this poster constantly over this nonsense.

How convenient yet again that you are being totally dishonest with your agenda. A tactic that has already been exposed repeatedly, yet you insist on continuing it.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
This seems to be the go-to answer when addressing people who view things they don't agree with. "Don't like it, move to France!!"

It's child-like nonsense for people who like their opinions black and white and neatly packaged.
No.

It's a very predictable reaction to someone that espouses pure hatred for an entire region of their own Country.

And they say people from the South are the ones still fighting the Civil War...

Old 01-25-2015, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Wrong again. People challenge this poster constantly over this nonsense.

How convenient yet again that you are being totally dishonest with your agenda. A tactic that has already been exposed repeatedly, yet you insist on continuing it.
How am I being dishonest? Where did you accuse him of treason for his ideas in the way you did mine simply for prefering the region you don't live in? His past posting history is irrelevent to this thread. I'm not going to know the posting history of every single person or their interactions with you. I'm beginning to think you're unaware of the definitions of several words given how often you seem to get them wrong.

You should also stop freaking out over everything.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
No.

It's a very predictable reaction to someone that espouses pure hatred for an entire region of their own Country.

And they say people from the South are the ones still fighting the Civil War...
We agree it's a predictable reaction, but I don't think we agreed that it has any productive value.

There were several people who said Lincoln was terrible and that the South didn't start the war, completely disregarding the historical record.

I'm not sure this guy's opinion has anything to do with the Civil War, but rather perceived cultural differences. He's pretty nutty on this issue, but so are those described above. Did you chastise those opinions?

Old 01-25-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure this guy's opinion has anything to do with the Civil War, but rather perceived cultural differences. He's pretty nutty on this issue, but so are those described above. Did you chastise those opinions?
They don't invest the amount of time and effort as you do. I can't reply to all of the garbage posted here, I have a life.

You deserved to be targeted though, and you have now been exposed. It's all good.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:30 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,878,205 times
Edit

Old 01-25-2015, 06:31 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,878,205 times
Quote:
This seems to be the go-to answer when addressing people who view things they don't agree with. "Don't like it, move to France!!"

It's child-like nonsense for people who like their opinions black and white and neatly packaged.
So I should of just said get the **** out?

Old 01-25-2015, 06:32 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
No it's mostly just the northerners stereotyping the south if you notice. They see themselves as a superior part of the country because of NY, Boston, and all the wealthy people and so on.
Well, don't blame us Yankees. Blame Hollywood.

I remember listening to a story about a man named Jed. lol Jethro was dumb as a rock.
Quote:
I'm guessing Duck Dynasty didn't help any lol.
Funny, I just mentioned millionaires with reality shows on another thread. I was born & raised in Boston (currently posting from Alabama) but if someone wants to call me an ignorant, uneducated redneck, that's okay with me as long as they show me the money!! Heck, look at Larry The Cable Guy. He's not even from the South and his accent is totally fake, but he's one of the richest people in show business. So I'm guessing most people who grew up in the South just let comments like "hillbilly" go in one ear and out the other, all while they're enjoying some homemade moonshine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.