U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 03:25 PM

1,765 posts, read 1,978,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Usually interstates are at least 3 lanes,state routes are usually 2.
Through cities, yes. I-25 between the NM line to Colorado Springs, no. Between North Colorado Springs to Castle Rock, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 04:24 PM

2,685 posts, read 1,999,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
According to this survey...
Ten States With the Worst Drivers

Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, or Connecticut are your best bets.
Connecticut's a no no. This is usually based off of number of accidents, DUI arrests, and other offenses. Remember this is only the reported amount so it could be alot higher. Im from Connecticut and let me just say people drive EXTREMELY wrecklessly, over 95% of the drivers are driving almost 80 in a 65, and its so fast paced that people would kill for a good parking space in urban areas. Florida is almost the same way. The only state on your list that are best bets are Arkansas and maybe some parts of Georgia or Mississippi.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:49 PM

2,685 posts, read 1,999,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
I was going to say this too. Places like Vermont, Western Massachusetts, and Maine people drive damn politely. I am always amazed when I go back up there too how if you are waiting at a crosswalk drivers will come to a full stop and let you go across.

Of course, you still can't just blithely cross a crosswalk without looking, because a Connecticut or New York driver might come along and hit you.
Massachusetts? They drive like chickens with their head cut off. Maine isn't bad at all. They have some very slow drivers especially on I-95 where the speed limit is 70.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:04 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,989,820 times
I finally got to drive cross country and get a real sample of it all...as I thought once I got out of the northeast the drivers seemed to normalize. Places like South Dakota had speed limits upwards of 75 and the interesting thing was most didn't feel the need to even do it,I've seen lower speed limits out east where the drivers routinely did upwards of 80...

Old 08-15-2015, 09:47 AM

1,066 posts, read 1,303,284 times
Quote:
I finally got to drive cross country and get a real sample of it all...as I thought once I got out of the northeast the drivers seemed to normalize. Places like South Dakota had speed limits upwards of 75 and the interesting thing was most didn't feel the need to even do it,I've seen lower speed limits out east where the drivers routinely did upwards of 80...
South Dakota recently upped its interstate speed limits to 80... but the drivers there have a hard enough time driving 75. The only ones that drive anywhere near the speed limit are those from out-of-state.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:13 AM

89 posts, read 111,036 times
The most polite and laid-back drivers I've ever seen were in, of all places, Oregon. Especially true anywhere other than I-5.

Massachusetts drivers are the most psycho. If western Mass drivers were going more slowly, it's only because of the mountains.

Old 08-16-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale View Post
The most polite and laid-back drivers I've ever seen were in, of all places, Oregon. Especially true anywhere other than I-5.

Massachusetts drivers are the most psycho. If western Mass drivers were going more slowly, it's only because of the mountains.
So far I maintain the most psycho drivers are in PA and NJ from my experiences...

Old 08-16-2015, 10:25 AM

371 posts, read 292,102 times
That's because the police are vicious in speeding tickets. Go up to Washington and the Oregon drivers are still driving only 55mph. Oregon Coast Hwy 101 is the worst for speeding traps and tickets. Normally I'd be all for safety, but its really all about revenue. In Los Angeles after Rodney King, all those cops who got fired came up to Oregon which did a mass hiring and all of a sudden there were all these bad cops all over the place.

Old 08-16-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_w View Post
That's because the police are vicious in speeding tickets. Go up to Washington and the Oregon drivers are still driving only 55mph. Oregon Coast Hwy 101 is the worst for speeding traps and tickets. Normally I'd be all for safety, but its really all about revenue. In Los Angeles after Rodney King, all those cops who got fired came up to Oregon which did a mass hiring and all of a sudden there were all these bad cops all over the place.
Funny you should mention 101,just got over racing some dam rednecks on it last nite in Washington...apparently no speed traps there.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:38 PM

6,128 posts, read 4,061,005 times
Quote:
So far I maintain the most psycho drivers are in PA and NJ from my experiences...
In my experiences:

The Philly drivers plus Southwest New Jersey drivers driving in NJ =

At least in the NYC market area of NJ I've been able to know how drivers will react.

I'm seeking my small piece of Utopia as well as I want out after almost 38 months down here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or