Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2015, 11:54 AM

6 posts, read 7,195 times

Advertisements

I am consideringba new job. If I do i would be leaving/moving to go to our new area early June. My husband will follow a month or two later due to house closing etc. I want to take the older kids with me too bc we don't have anyone to help with them, ie take them to and from bus. They are both elementary age (3rd and 5th). And after school since my husband gets home around 7.

The dilemma is that I have to ahead of my husband due to job. I don't have anyone in this area to help out for a short period of time. And I can't afford to pay someone. Our current school district ends in late June. The new district ends in late May. So if I pull the children out of school here, they will end up not finishing in a sense. Does this seem like a big deal? Other concern is also when the actual state testing is done. I'm pretty sure it is before we would have to leave though. Thoughts? I need insight on this idea I am toying with...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 02:08 PM

1,231 posts, read 2,084,718 times
I think they'll still complete their years. Call your current district and ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.