Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 02:22 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,075,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Do you have information that states that?

I found a link.

Race and Prison | Drug War Facts

About 36% of all prisoners were black, 33% were white, and 22% were Hispanic.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:27 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,510,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy92832 View Post
I found a link.

Race and Prison | Drug War Facts

About 36% of all prisoners were black, 33% were white, and 22% were Hispanic.

That isn't what he said. He was implying that out the millions of African American's living in the US right now, 33% have been in jail at some time of their life.

That isn't true. He posted a link that had the real important words of "could happen" and "warning", not cold hard facts. If trends continue, which in my opinion, they will not, there is a possibility that it could be true.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:49 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,310,284 times
You want to know why? Because many black people are ghettoized in this country. You carry more of a burden in this country if your a black individual, because there is such thing as White Priviledge. I think it has to do something with real estate. You know white people do more drugs in this country but blacks make up far more arrests? If there's less opportunities in the cities then unfortunately many people relate to doing crimes. Also many major cities have a troubled education system and lower income than the suburbs which are majority white. Sound familiar? White Flight.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:03 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,399,862 times
because you believe everything the police state tells you I guess.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:07 PM

676 posts, read 989,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanExplorer View Post
You want to know why? Because many black people are ghettoized in this country. You carry more of a burden in this country if your a black individual, because there is such thing as White Priviledge. I think it has to do something with real estate. You know white people do more drugs in this country but blacks make up far more arrests? If there's less opportunities in the cities then unfortunately many people relate to doing crimes. Also many major cities have a troubled education system and lower income than the suburbs which are majority white. Sound familiar? White Flight.

Please tell that to the millions of white Americans who live in poverty

ever been to eastern Kentucky ?

Old 03-17-2015, 03:10 PM

some of the stuff white people ask is so stupid. it's like some of you guys forget history more than everyone else. you must think you're all innocent angels in this country.

shh crazy smh.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
some of the stuff white people ask is so stupid. it's like some of you guys forget history more than everyone else. you must think you're all innocent angels in this country.

shh crazy smh.

yes because i apparently enslaved Africans

stop blaming other people for your problems

Old 03-17-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Sirius View Post
yes because i apparently enslaved Africans

stop blaming other people for your problems
you must be trippin or something, because no one blamed you but if you wanna just jump out there, so be it. take the blame and see if I care.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
you must be trippin or something, because no one blamed you but if you wanna just jump out there, so be it. take the blame and see if I care.
I can't even argue with people like you

Old 03-17-2015, 03:51 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,464,896 times
Most Black Americans are hard working law abiding citizens who reject the culture of violence that plagues some members of their race. A minority of the minority causes most of the problems. My theory on what causes the epidemic levels of violence are...

1. Lack of proper family structure. Huge levels of children born out of wedlock, in most cases the father is not involved and does not help financially. It's statistically proven that two parent dad / mom households usually provide the best environment to raise children. Single mother homes are on the fast track to poverty. Simply having two incomes to pay for one rent bill is a big deal.

2. Culture of bling and fast money. When people do get money rather than spend it on stocks, buying a house, or paying off debt they instead buy $300 headphones or $10,000 rims for cars that already had sufficient wheels. As Will Smith says "Most people spend money to buy things they don't need to impress people they don't know

3. Most young men get a criminal record as teens and in America's "One strike and you're out" society that means no possible chance at earning anything better than a fast food job. They are forced into the underground economy.

3A. Gov't war on drugs that locks people away for having an ounce of weed (while sex offenders get probation. Most target areas are low income Black neighborhoods. Studies show all demographics smoke weed at similar levels. If you only arrest poor Blacks while not doing the same on a college campus that's not a fair fight. Enourmous numbers of Black men who aren't violent criminals are sitting in jail and unable to work. Once they get out they can't get a job anymore.

Last edited by censusdata; 03-17-2015 at 04:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.