Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2015, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 562 times

Advertisements

I looking for a city with the following:

- Good Weather (most likely in the SE or West)
- Low Crime
- Fun for young people (young 20s)
- preferably some natural beauty within 1hr (beaches and mountains are what come to mind, not sure which I like more)
- Low cost of living

Of course what I am describing is probably impossible, there is no perfect city, but I would like some suggestions from people. I know that gains in one category often mean losses in others and it's a balancing act.

Ex. I've been to New York and love how much there is to do and the job opportunities, but their COL is the worst in the US and the weather sucks. The losses in the last two categories probably offset enough the gains in entertainment and fun for me to not want to live there.

A little about me:

- I am going to graduate in the next 13 months from college
- the field I am going into is concentrated in larger cities
- I will most likely be married within 24 months
- I love outdoors activities and also concerts, festivals, etc.
- I am from Atlanta metro suburbs of Gwinnett but want to live in or very close to a city, closer than the 45 minute drive I grew up with
- If possible biking to work would be amazing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 11:49 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
I'll throw out Denver, which hits your criteria fairly well I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.