Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 04:10 AM

148 posts, read 302,679 times

Advertisements

I have been described as a guido, and I understand the west coast equivalent (into appearance, going out to clubs, into cars, can be boorish working class white males) is a "Bro"

I live in Howard Beach Queens, and I would like to move because NYC don't feel like home no more for several reasons. Here the guido thing exists on Long Island, Staten Island, small parts of BK and Queens, and in NJ...thinking I want out of the area though

What areas or towns/cities are the Bro-iest/Guidoiest? If you're saying a big city please say what area you would recommend. I am open to suburbs.

I like cool nightclubs and parties, non pretentious/super educated atmosphere, and somewhere FUN

only places that I am totally not interested in are: the SF Bay Area because I went there and didn't like the vibe. It was too...indie/wierd and I stuck out too much/had a hard time finding stuff to do and in San Jose I didn't feel comfortable because everyone was super smart and it didn't seem like the kind of place you move to party and have fun. No disrespect but it seemed quite square there like people was too focused on computers and "causes".

Also no Florida. I didn't like Florida and that's where my mom and dad live.

I'm a young italian American straight male and my job is working on/with cars

I just want suggestions for places so I can start planning to make my escape LOL.

I don't wanna hear about boring stuff like the economy. Interested in places where I will fit in (other guido/bro types), some place not over educated cause that makes a place uptight...don't want to be the guy who didn't finish junior high surrounded by college people, and a GOOOD party scene

Thanks and hope you had a happy Easter or Passover if your a Jew !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 05:55 AM

1,719 posts, read 2,740,038 times
Palm Beach Co., Fla and greater Miami if I had a vote

Old 04-08-2015, 05:58 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Check out Providence RI

Old 04-08-2015, 06:01 AM

60 posts, read 103,306 times
I would imagine Philly being up there since it's very much like a mini-NYC in terms of people. Chicago and Detroit (mainly the burbs) are also up there too, I'd imagine.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:17 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
Pretty sure those two areas are in Florida..?

Old 04-08-2015, 08:06 AM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times
A Bro and a Guido are two different things. In my opinion, a "Bro" is someone who likes to get together with the Bros and take X amount of shots to pregame, go out on the town with their button up shirts on and make complete asses of themselves. Often Bros are white collar recent college grads still trying to live their past time. A guido and his boys care much more about what they look like and will go the extra mile to be appear fresh to get the ladies. Tanning, working out, multiple haircuts a month. That is a guido. A guido usually is a blue collar guy that might work in construction or plumbing, that lives for the club on the weekend. Anyway OP, if your username is any indication, than you are 20/21 years old. Just stay around NYC and move to north jerz if you really want to get out of the city. Hit up the shore when it gets warm. The mixture of a Bro and Guido is a Chadbro, and you don't wanna be one of them in my opinion. I have only vacationed in Las Vegas and Myrtle Beach, SC, but I feel like those places might offer the entertainment you seek.

Urban Dictionary: chadbro

Old 04-08-2015, 08:06 AM

148 posts, read 302,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
Florida weather sucks. And outside of Miami beach which is mostly richie rich, Miami ain't the place to have a good social life if you aren't Spanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Check out Providence RI
See I thought so too! But I am getting mixed messages on their board
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingcalm View Post
I would imagine Philly being up there since it's very much like a mini-NYC in terms of people. Chicago and Detroit (mainly the burbs) are also up there too, I'd imagine.
Philly was waaaay too fancy. Chicago I have been too but I kinda got the white collar vibe there as well. Which burbs of Chicago and Detroit?

Old 04-08-2015, 12:58 PM

2,694 posts, read 3,190,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingcalm View Post
Our Big 10 bros ≠ Guidos. Those are two different things. This article is in jest, but it's not too far off.

Quote:
The Chicago Bro

Uniform: North Face jacket, Big 10 college sweatshirt (ALMA MATER ONLY), athletic shoes. During the summer, basketball shorts, a college tee shirt, baseball cap, and sandals. Toes aplenty among the bros of Chicago during warm weather.

Job: Consulting or accounting. Finance, but not, like, sexy finance. Maybe a loan officer or a financial advisor.

Hobbies: Getting blackout drunk every weekend.

Secret shame: Is going bald (that's what the baseball cap is supposed to hide) and getting large in the middle from all that drinking, despite only being 28 (every bro in Chicago is 28).

Celeb brospiration: Vince Vaughn

The United States of Bros: A Map and Field Guide

Old 04-08-2015, 01:16 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,008,662 times
here in Huntington Beach, we get invaded by 909er bros every summer. it gets so bad that most locals can't enjoy their own downtown area.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:17 PM

335 posts, read 939,242 times
I think Providence is a good suggestion. Some people think of Italians and Providence plus the "hill" Federal Hill section of PVD and truthfully a lot of those Italians moved out of Providence years ago. They're more likely found in North Providence, Johnston, and Cranston. The old PVD neighborhoods with Italian families have changed and are mostly other minority groups now.
I don't have numbers handy to back this up or anything but I am born and raised with my parents from the areas in question. I think any of those towns mentioned close to Providence are good for what you are looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.