U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 09:43 PM

12,333 posts, read 10,300,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1988 View Post
Um no. That has no correlation whatsoever dude. You can turn around and say conservative kids are more likely to be religious and thus would feel an obligation to help the autistic kid. When I was in school the kids who raised money for breast cancer and volunteered with kids in the burn ward were the "league of Christian athletes".

Stop twisting it to make it seem like you're suoerior because you're a liberal.

And how would those "Christian athletes" treat the obviously gay feminine kid? No bullying? Yeah right. Not from what I have seen.

Its obvious you don't want to teach your kid that it is okay to be gay. Go find some deep red bible thumping state and you will be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 09:44 PM

749 posts, read 752,576 times
Quote:
What's my beliefs? That it is our job as parents to teach values to our kids? It's not even like I'm an extremist by any means, I don't want my kid to think drugs are okay, I don't want him to be confused about our religion, and I want me and my wife to explain to him about what being gay is, not a teacher.

I love California for its natural beauty and I want this job, but I just want what is best for my kid.
San Diego is loaded with illegal immigrants, since Mexico is right next door......why not try a state with different value system, more to the North East like New Jersey, Upstate New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, etc.

The value system of these states is more traditional........

Old 04-09-2015, 10:03 PM

130 posts, read 126,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
And how would those "Christian athletes" treat the obviously gay feminine kid? No bullying? Yeah right. Not from what I have seen.

Its obvious you don't want to teach your kid that it is okay to be gay. Go find some deep red bible thumping state and you will be fine.
Well would I actively teach him something contradictory to our religious beliefs? Because it's PC?

Old 04-09-2015, 10:13 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,708,360 times
Quote:
What's my beliefs? That it is our job as parents to teach values to our kids? It's not even like I'm an extremist by any means, I don't want my kid to think drugs are okay, I don't want him to be confused about our religion, and I want me and my wife to explain to him about what being gay is, not a teacher.

I love California for its natural beauty and I want this job, but I just want what is best for my kid.
Its really not that big of a deal (the gay stuff in California schools)

It's not like there are whole classes that revolve around being gay... the bill just encourages to include the contributions of LGBT Americans in textbooks. that's it, no pro gay propaganda... no teaching kids what the word gay is...

Old 04-09-2015, 10:18 PM

But i do understand where you are coming from, my sister came to me for help for a WWII essay... however she told me the subject of the paper was something along the lines of "African Americans involvement during WWII" I was like wtf? are you kidding me....

i didn't even help her.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:18 PM

130 posts, read 126,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Its really not that big of a deal (the gay stuff in California schools)

It's not like there are whole classes that revolve around being gay... the bill just encourages to include the contributions of LGBT Americans in textbooks. that's it, no pro gay propaganda... no teaching kids what the word gay is...
Well if their contributions are relevant outside of them being gay then wouldn't it be talked about anyways?

Does it cast them in a positive light for being gay?

Is it taught that their lifestyle is a fine and acceptable way to live for all students?

Old 04-09-2015, 10:22 PM

601 posts, read 710,838 times
I've found where you live shouldn't be dictated by your political views. I can live anywhere, and I'll find people who share my interest to hang with. I don't let trivial political things bog me down. Taxes could affect me, but how people feel about social views, could care less. People seem to hold strong views about nothing very important, I'm able to maneuver around the trivial things.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Well if their contributions are relevant outside of them being gay then wouldn't it be talked about anyways?
Good point. are they going to talk about contributions of people of every sexual orientation?

Where are the mentions of the contributions of Asexual people?

Quote:
Does it cast them in a positive light for being gay?

Is it taught that their lifestyle is a fine and acceptable way to live for all students?
To both questions: idk but i doubt it.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:02 PM

11,145 posts, read 14,116,699 times
Personally, I would not ever want to live in a red state. I am, for the most part, a liberal/progressive and gay. It is not optimal to live in a red state, in my situation, especially with all the religious freedom and anti-gay laws lately. I must live in a BLUE metropolitan area in a BLUE state. No exceptions.

Fortunately, most states are blue states anyway (26/50).

Old 04-10-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Personally, I would not ever want to live in a red state. I am, for the most part, a liberal/progressive and gay. It is not optimal to live in a red state, in my situation, especially with all the religious freedom and anti-gay laws lately. I must live in a BLUE metropolitan area in a BLUE state. No exceptions.

Fortunately, most states are blue states anyway (26/50).
So what magical thing happens the second you cross the border from a blue state to a red state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or