U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 06:28 PM

44,855 posts, read 36,203,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudio-claudio View Post
The US can be tedious, especially in the midwest, texas, the south (more provincial and religious)

however cities like NYC are anything but boring!
You know what I find tedious? I find people who feel some sort of urge to put down other regions tedious. I really don't get it. You like NYC? That's great! Is it possible to talk about what you love about NYC without insulting other areas?

I love Texas and the south and I'm not crazy about urban areas - not even Texas urban areas . But that's just my own personal take on it. For me, it's entirely possible to talk about what I love about east Texas or the south or wherever, without insulting or stereotyping other regions.

But hey, that's just me.

It just comes across as someone who builds themselves up by tearing others down when people do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 06:29 PM

601 posts, read 711,949 times
Quote:
The US can be tedious, especially in the midwest, texas, the south (more provincial and religious)

Houston and Dallas are far from boring. Same could be said for Austin and San Antonio. Texas is diverse and has two of the larger cities in the US.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:39 PM

8,571 posts, read 5,386,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn.Davenport View Post
If you're bored in the USA, the problem is you.
Exactly.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:40 PM

87,013 posts, read 102,621,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You know what I find tedious? I find people who feel some sort of urge to put down other regions tedious. I really don't get it. You like NYC? That's great! Is it possible to talk about what you love about NYC without insulting other areas?

I love Texas and the south and I'm not crazy about urban areas - not even Texas urban areas . But that's just my own personal take on it. For me, it's entirely possible to talk about what I love about east Texas or the south or wherever, without insulting or stereotyping other regions.

But hey, that's just me.

It just comes across as someone who builds themselves up by tearing others down when people do that.
Can't rep you again!

Old 04-12-2015, 07:43 PM

4,925 posts, read 4,919,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiegendesLicht View Post
If you equate nighlife with not being boring, then it is you who are boring. Nightlife = dancing to crappy music, drinking, drugs, hooking up with cheap girls - now, that is boring. A country that has mountains, national parks and places like the Grand Canyon and the Niagara cannot be boring by definition.
Hey now!!!!! Stop making fun my Friday's and Sat's nights, nothing wrong with booze and "cheap girls". I did find a lot of what you described when I traveled all over Europe. I do agree that European women are more friendly and easier to hook up with than American girls.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
Can't rep you again!
Lot of childish posters on CD I totally agree with you both.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:15 PM

3,308 posts, read 2,766,740 times
Quote:

You are crazy. Texas boring?

I went to Austin a few weeks ago and it is bustling with creativity, food, music, and unique culture. It was one of the funnest cities I've been to.

The more I read your posts IRENE the more I realize that you are not well traveled like you pretend to be.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
You are crazy. Texas boring?

I went to Austin a few weeks ago and it is bustling with creativity, food, music, and unique culture. It was one of the funnest cities I've been to.

The more I read your posts IRENE the more I realize that you are not well traveled like you pretend to be.
I agree that was a stupid post. Austin is an amazing US City, Texas is anything but boring. The South is not boring either, its an amazingly diverse region geographically with great cities like Atlanta, Nashville, New Orleans, Miami, Charleston, SC. No clue what this guy was babbling about. Lot of stupid people commenting on City Data, you get numb to it.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:32 PM

3,308 posts, read 2,766,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I agree that was a stupid post. Austin is an amazing US City, Texas is anything but boring. The South is not boring either, its an amazingly diverse region geographically with great cities like Atlanta, Nashville, New Orleans, Miami, Charleston, SC. No clue what this guy was babbling about. Lot of stupid people commenting on City Data, you get numb to it.
Yes I have been to Atlanta too and liked it.

People on here really like to talk out of their a**...I try to ignore them, but sometimes it is just too much. Lol

Old 04-12-2015, 11:43 PM

9,628 posts, read 5,950,280 times
Quote:
I don't think "we" have established any such thing, kemosabe.

I do not know ANYONE who thinks, even subconsciously, "I need some social activity, I think I'll go grocery shopping."
But you do know that many people do exactly what you said they don't do, right?

Let's step back, you admitted that you are familiar with farmer's markets. Are you aware that farmer's market sell grocery and people hang out there? Just a simple yes or no would do.

This is an example of a gathering at a particular farmer's market:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1581156198836180/

Quote:
Grocery shopping, for those of us who work and have families and are running a home of more than one person, is a CHORE!

Yes it is.

Just because it's a chore, does it mean it must be boring?

Quote:
Actually, I don't even go clothes shopping as a social activity, though I sometimes do it for entertainment.
But you are aware that many do, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or