Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city fits this criteria?
New York 2 6.45%
Boston 4 12.90%
Charleston 1 3.23%
Minneapolis 6 19.35%
Providence 1 3.23%
Portland 2 6.45%
Berkeley 6 19.35%
Other (please comment with it) 9 29.03%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 11:48 AM

17 posts, read 19,301 times

Advertisements

Preferably friendly, open-minded, intellectual, and creative females (as unintellectual as my question sounds, haha), and I prefer white and Indian women. I work remotely and make enough $$ where I feel comfortable relocating anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 12:16 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
The "friendly" aspect would be the most difficult in my opinion as it doesn't usually mesh as much with intellectual types, but more so with the "creative". Cities like Chicago or Denver (and perhaps Minneapolis) come to mind in this particular instance for me.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:21 PM

75 posts, read 89,804 times
Berkley

Old 04-14-2015, 12:26 PM

17 posts, read 19,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
The "friendly" aspect would be the most difficult in my opinion as it doesn't usually mesh as much with intellectual types, but more so with the "creative". Cities like Chicago or Denver (and perhaps Minneapolis) come to mind in this particular instance for me.
Hey, I just wanted to personally thank you for always replying to my posts. I appreciate it a lot.

Hmm..Thats a great point. I always thought intellectual and creative were kind of 'one', but I think you're absolutely right, they aren't the same thing, and friendly would probably coincide moreso with creative rather than intellectual.

Do you think Boston has a lot of 'creative' or 'friendly' types?
I was thinkin Massachusets may be a great idea because of the amount of young liberals , and its near rhode island, which has brown university and RISD, known for its creative students.

Basically, I want to move to an area that has the highest quantity of creative, friendly, and liberal 18-25 year old women.

So, whatever suggestions you have, shoot them my way please. You seem like you know what you're talking about, so I'd definitely appreciate it.

So, so far my list is:
Denver
Chicago
Boston
NY

Thanks a lot again Kyle

Last edited by 316asv; 04-14-2015 at 12:49 PM..

Old 04-14-2015, 01:19 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 316asv View Post
Hey, I just wanted to personally thank you for always replying to my posts. I appreciate it a lot.

Hmm..Thats a great point. I always thought intellectual and creative were kind of 'one', but I think you're absolutely right, they aren't the same thing, and friendly would probably coincide moreso with creative rather than intellectual.

Do you think Boston has a lot of 'creative' or 'friendly' types?
I was thinkin Massachusets may be a great idea because of the amount of young liberals , and its near rhode island, which has brown university and RISD, known for its creative students.

Basically, I want to move to an area that has the highest quantity of creative, friendly, and liberal 18-25 year old women.

So, whatever suggestions you have, shoot them my way please. You seem like you know what you're talking about, so I'd definitely appreciate it.

So, so far my list is:
Denver
Chicago
Boston
NY

Thanks a lot again Kyle
I'm glad I can help out! : ) Analysis paralysis easily sets in and overwhelms it seems.

The more academic types in my opinion do not seem as friendly and is much of what I have experienced in both men and women in the Northeast corridor (Boston-NYC-DC) in the professional sector if you will. While you're spot on regarding the "liberal aspect" of Boston, I just don't think the "friendly" element is going to be in place as much as you might like. Other off-the-radar options for you exist in the Southeast believe it or not and might be worth exploring, namely Nashville which is the "hot city of the moment". While Tennessee isn't known as being liberal, the arty types who have moved to Nashville for it's creative energy most certainly are. There are a good many beautiful, intelligent, creative and friendly women in Nashville (and a good part of the Southeast) who while not overtly big city liberal certainly in your wheelhouse most likely in terms of ideology.

Old 04-14-2015, 01:38 PM

93,166 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Other college towns like Ithaca and Ann Arbor may work in terms of the criteria, but the size of the city may be an issue with Ithaca. Ann Arbor isn't that far the Detroit area and offers proximity to a major metro.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:10 PM

678 posts, read 875,271 times
Any place that has cold weather. Trust me.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:22 PM

1,485 posts, read 2,250,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
Any place that has cold weather. Trust me.
Not necessarily.

Austin and the North Carolina Research Triangle (Raleigh-Durham) are hardly cold-weather, but are easily two of the most progressive Southern metros anchored by very reputable institutions of higher learning (U of Texas, Duke, U of North Carolina).

Old 04-14-2015, 03:55 PM

497 posts, read 427,874 times
Boulder, CO.

Best educated city in the us (by some surveys)
Very Liberal.
Lots of young people (average age 28.8).
One of the fittest and most active cities in the country.
More friendly than the North East anyway.

Old 04-15-2015, 02:06 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,822,968 times
"Liberal" and "Open-Minded" don't go hand in hand. Some of the most close minded people I have met have been liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.