U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 10:23 AM

36 posts, read 38,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
Why don't you want the live around black people? It's the least you could do per your ancestors wrongdoing.
I am a first generation American. My ancestors are Russian and Kazhak. I dont think they did any wrongdoing against black people considering there arent any black people there.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:21 PM

3,280 posts, read 3,838,588 times
I would not approve. People can live wherever they want, don't try to force change.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:33 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,141,695 times
Quote:
Why don't you want the live around black people? It's the least you could do per your ancestors wrongdoing.
Here we go again, I was waiting to see how long that would take. Maybe your ancestors, not mine.

My ancestors were rounded up, forced onto boats and cast adrift in the Atlantic Ocean.

My ancestors were murdered by the thousands in Soviet Russia.

Find somewhere else to troll.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:44 PM

371 posts, read 330,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Macklin FBI View Post
I am a first generation American. My ancestors are Russian and Kazhak. I dont think they did any wrongdoing against black people considering there arent any black people there.
Touché.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:45 PM

9,130 posts, read 17,156,839 times
Its more Social-Economic then Race.

Most people want to live around, and have neighbors who are in the same Social-Economic Range.

College Graduate professionals don't normally hang out with Minimum wage earners.

The homes/lots/taxes etc can not be afforded by Minimum wage earners, so are the Non/Profits is going to do a ongoing support of the utilities, taxes, upkeep of the home?

Take a notice to where Habit for Humanities builds it homes, Most of the home are sold to working class (But above min wage) families, The lots they build them tend near people (but a step up from) of the same Social-Economic groups.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:46 PM

4,925 posts, read 4,921,409 times
Black people that have money always move to the white suburbs because thats where all the nice houses are and you can get more land.

Old 04-17-2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Its more Social-Economic then Race.

Most people want to live around, and have neighbors who are in the same Social-Economic Range.

College Graduate professionals don't normally hang out with Minimum wage earners.

The homes/lots/taxes etc can not be afforded by Minimum wage earners, so are the Non/Profits is going to do a ongoing support of the utilities, taxes, upkeep of the home?

Take a notice to where Habit for Humanities builds it homes, Most of the home are sold to working class (But above min wage) families, The lots they build them tend near people (but a step up from) of the same Social-Economic groups.

The nonprofit will take two families and place them in a house in the upper middle class areas of the county. The tradeoff for the lack of space would be a better education, and not being barred from adequate resources, such as fresher food in grocery stores and more outlets of recreation.

The reason for starting this nonprofit is because too many Hispanics and Blacks are barred from the resources that would allow them to rise in American society, ie, their neighborhoods being targeted by the police, getting a criminal record for loitering and not being able to ever recover from that because they never received the education on how to present themselves in court.

This nonprofit would not apply to poor whites, although they could utilize it too, because they do not go through the same withholding of resources as poor minorities that live in urban neighborhoods. Poor whites generally live in rural communities uninterrupted by authorities. They too have communities that foster development because those who maintain the community, the police, are from the same neighborhood as those that live in the community. This is not the case in Hispanic and black neighborhoods.

Old 04-17-2015, 03:29 PM

56,687 posts, read 80,995,527 times
Look into this program, OP and there are a couple of schools in my area that participate in the program: A Better Chance

Fayetteville-Manlius A Better Chance

Home - Home - Hamilton College

The first school has a home for girls and the second school is for boys.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Look into this program, OP and there are a couple of schools in my area that participate in the program: A Better Chance

Fayetteville-Manlius A Better Chance

Home - Home - Hamilton College

The first school has a home for girls and the second school is for boys.

That's nice. Some programs aimed for achievement do exist!

Old 04-17-2015, 04:59 PM

56,687 posts, read 80,995,527 times
Quote:
That's nice. Some programs aimed for achievement do exist!
Yes, it is a program that has been around for decades and many have gone on to do great things. I believe that Deval Patrick the former governor of Massachusetts was in this program, as an example. Deval Patrick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This lady runs one of the homes: College Prep Starts with ABC | Oswego Alumni Magazine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or