U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 11:49 AM

371 posts, read 332,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post
I'm not responsible for my ancestors' wrongdoing. Hence the words "ancestors'" and "wrongdoing", i.e. actions chosen and committed by them not me.

Hell I'm not even responsible for the actions of my living relatives, much less some bonehead in a powdered wig that may or may not have been my ancestor.
If I were wight in today's society I'd give back to black people knowing what they are going through/have been going through is a direct cause of what I benefit from because it is the right thing to do. As someone who was raised in a privledge community I can't say I can identify with the majority of black peoples struggles when it comes to poverty, but I understand and recognize that it's not their fault, and it will take a lot more than protesting to fix; ie, policy change. I'd like to be apart of that battle. If you don't want to be a good person then it's fine, no one will hold it against you, but stay nuetral and don't fight against an equal allocation of resources for all people no matter the color.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:16 PM

12,723 posts, read 10,626,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
New Jersey is first, you all have 55 registered KKK groups in your state, I'd love to see how this'd pan out.
No.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
If I were wight in today's society I'd give back to black people knowing what they are going through/have been going through is a direct cause of what I benefit from because it is the right thing to do. As someone who was raised in a privledge community I can't say I can identify with the majority of black peoples struggles when it comes to poverty, but I understand and recognize that it's not their fault, and it will take a lot more than protesting to fix; ie, policy change. I'd like to be apart of that battle. If you don't want to be a good person then it's fine, no one will hold it against you, but stay nuetral and don't fight against an equal allocation of resources for all people no matter the color.
Also no.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Also no.

Thanks for letting us know that you have no moral compass. Your ancestors would be proud.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Thanks for letting us know that you have no moral compass. Your ancestors would be proud.
Still no. No amount of trying to insult people or guilt them (and failing completely) makes this a good idea.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:27 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,207,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Asians and Jews are not considered minorities according to Latinos and Blacks they are too successful.
Most of my Hispanic friends consider me a minority?

I think it depends on Asian group though. Southeast Asians, especially here in California, are poor. There's a huge Asian gang problem in places like Fresno, Long Beach, Oakland, etc.

Hell, I almost got jumped into one of those fine organizations myself. Lucky for me, I had a girlfriend who was white, and they weren't having any of that.

Old 04-19-2015, 02:10 PM

57,250 posts, read 81,655,085 times
OP, here are some other examples that may be more realistic in terms of the bottom line: Urban-Suburban Interdistrict Transfer Program
Q&A: The Urban-Suburban program

Say Yes to Education - National | Recent News

https://www.kalamazoopromise.com

Old 04-19-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Still no. No amount of trying to insult people or guilt them (and failing completely) makes this a good idea.

I expect (white) people from NJ to be against this program because a lot of them come from blue collar white families that the upper class gave privileges to over the black slave/indentured class at the time, in order to nullify them from partering with the blacks rebelling aginst the America upper class. Please read about the beacons rebellion. Whites are not inherently racist, everything comes from something, and the tension between blacks and whites came from a caste system created to make the land owners keep their wealth. The racist attitudes/white supremacy came as a unintended consequence of this decision by the upperclass to split the races by class.

Old 04-19-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
I expect (white) people from NJ to be against this program because a lot of them come from blue collar white families that the upper class gave privileges to over the black slave/indentured class at the time, in order to nullify them from partering with the blacks rebelling aginst the America upper class. Please read about the beacons rebellion. Whites are not inherently racist, everything comes from something, and the tension between blacks and whites came from a caste system created to make the land owners keep their wealth. The racist attitudes/white supremacy came as a unintended consequence of this decision by the upperclass to split the races by class.
Blue collar? Do you know anything about NJ and its wealth stats?

Old 04-19-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Yes. These are great programs. I also know that the NAACP works on further expanding integration. What makes my program different is that it directly confronts the issue of equal resources. Not in steps, but instantaneously. I'd like the see the opinions of white people when they compare a black kid to a white kid if they were given equal resources from birth; same school district, same neighborhood, same honors/ap classes, same food, same air particles and polution intake. Then lets see the difference in "work ethic". I bet there would be none. Then all the opinions about blacks or hispanics, "picking themselves up from their boot straps" would be void, and people can finally admit that the reason for the wage gap and crime statistics are due to discrimination and nothing else.

Off of that I'd like to conclude by saying, people are not complex, they are reactionary, if a policy change happens people will react accordingly, cultural differences probably account for .00000001% of the difference between peoples interests and how hard they work and propaganda will trump culture any day, so if society keeps telling blacks they're criminals then the one's with no guidance will turn to crime, if society keeps telling white women that they're the creme de la creme of mate selection then they'll keep acting like they're preyed upon (even if they're not). It's simple to be honest.

Last edited by diallomacedo; 04-19-2015 at 03:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or