U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 04:14 PM

371 posts, read 330,155 times

Advertisements

I would like to start a nonprofit with this goal in mind for a number of reasons. Firstly, increase the competition in the labor market by giving all students of color an equal playing field from kindergarten by giving them the same educational resources that are currently available in majority white neighborhood school districts, ie. Potomac, MD or Newport, CA. Secondly, to fight anti-minority media propaganda by giving the majority citizens some real life experiences with people of color.

Also, I'd like to see the baby boomers and generation x's reaction to these people moving into their neighborhoods at high rates while getting the same education as their heirs haha.

How do you feel about this city-data?

Old 04-16-2015, 06:30 PM

1,712 posts, read 1,943,323 times
Of course minorities are entitled to the same access to education as whites, but *forcing* diversity onto neighborhoods doesn't work. All it does is create tensions, culture shock and in some cases, even causes white flight which almost always has a negative impact on the area. NATURAL diversity can work, where the minorities who do live in the area have earned it by having good careers and college educations...But dumping project residents in an upper middle class area will create disaster.

They should have some kind of program where well-behaved&adequately-performing students from crappy school districts can attend WHATEVER school district they want.

Last edited by MemoryMaker; 04-16-2015 at 06:58 PM..

Old 04-16-2015, 06:47 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,195,846 times
Yeah, I don't think you're being serious.

Old 04-16-2015, 07:26 PM

5,672 posts, read 3,645,631 times
I assume you're being a bit facetious, but in case you don't know, what you are proposing has already been tried. It was called "forced busing," and it probably contributed more to "white flight" -- wherein cities became less diverse then they used to be -- than almost anything else.

Desegregation busing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-16-2015, 07:35 PM

526 posts, read 462,475 times
You will sell ocean front property in South Dakota before you'll get that to work. I believe every person should fair access to opportunity both educational and occupational, however forcing diverse neighborhoods will never work. No one wants to say it but most people are most comfortable and want to live mainly around those of the same race. It's not racist, it's how humans are wired. If you force diversity on say an all white area, I hate to say it but most people there originally would likely pack up and move to a new all white area. You would get the same results in any race likely, that's just human nature.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02blackgt View Post
You will sell ocean front property in South Dakota before you'll get that to work. I believe every person should fair access to opportunity both educational and occupational, however forcing diverse neighborhoods will never work. No one wants to say it but most people are most comfortable and want to live mainly around those of the same race. It's not racist, it's how humans are wired. If you force diversity on say an all white area, I hate to say it but most people there originally would likely pack up and move to a new all white area. You would get the same results in any race likely, that's just human nature.

It's not human nature to want to be around those who are the same race as you. Read up on "Beacons Rebellion" and the creation of race. Race is a new phenomenon.

"Baconís Rebellion (1676) in Virginia was the largest uprising in the Thirteen Colonies before the time of the American Revolution a hundred years later. It was a failed attempt to overthrow the rich landowners who ruled Virginia. After the rebellion, the rich maintained their power by dividing the bottom 99% by race. It became the model for US society."

Old 04-16-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Macklin FBI View Post
What im gonna need you to do is find the nearest scrabble set. Eat all of the letters in the set. Then take as many laxatives as you can. **** out the letters and read them. That will make more sense than what you are proposing.

Why don't you want the live around black people? It's the least you could do per your ancestors wrongdoing.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:28 PM

6,816 posts, read 6,949,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
Why don't you want the live around black people? It's the least you could do per your ancestors wrongdoing.
I feel like you're trolling and trying to illicit a reaction out of posters that is anti-minority.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:19 PM

4,155 posts, read 4,484,141 times

Old 04-17-2015, 06:31 AM

5,672 posts, read 3,645,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
We white folk are trying to do black people a favor. We figure that the mere sight of us might trigger flashbacks to the oppression they used to suffer at our hands; so in order to prevent that from happening, we're trying to stay out of their sight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or