U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 09:55 AM

149 posts, read 170,585 times

Advertisements

laziness is not a bad thing... it is a virtue to be lazy in a society that runs predominantly on will power... because will power is the fuel that fuels wars, and laziness is the fuel that avoids wars... Avoidance is the answer folks! and no I'm not a troll, this is just my brand of eccentricity, or originality. It was developed during the hours I spent not at an office

not that theres anything wrong with office hours... I mean if youre a professor it's understandable, you have to have some office hours because you might have students with pertinent questions. Actually I should write something artistic or a movie or whatever that inspires laziness in all people, and with all the free time that opens up from being too lazy to take a job we can end all wars and save all the animals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 10:03 AM

3,017 posts, read 1,879,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transientsalmon View Post
geez isn't that harsh? I just dont want to live in a society if i have to work a job everyday or most days, or any day...thats really the bottom line. I want to be a permanent 'student' so to speak and really study sleeping, and sleeping in...and playing guitar, and observing animals and trees... I might get something popping though as far as a creative pr0ject, and that will be my attempt at giving back... but it won't be for a while. Either that or an animal farm... trust me I will rescue cats when there is a cat to be rescued

Now wait every 1...I'm not taking money from all of the people of society...I'm just taking money from the gov't. That is a major distinction. Or I'm hoping to get money from the gov't cuz I'm not there yet
Nobody is this dumb, therefore I know this thread is a trolling effort.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:05 AM

no one is trolling anybody... this is my actual life and dilemma. I just have a trollish personality, but everything I'm laying down is factual about my plans and everything

Old 04-19-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
no one is trolling anybody... this is my actually life and dilemma. I just have a trollish personality, but everything I'm laying down is factual about my plans and everything
Ok. Then how are you going to take money from the government, without taking money from the people of society? Do you know how government obtains their money?

Old 04-19-2015, 11:20 AM

21,698 posts, read 23,722,260 times
Quote:
I aspire to collect welfare because I want to be a full time artist sort of...or at least a full time human being and not a machine. I aspire to live a life of total freedom, and not be conditioned by a society that expects people to be constantly productive, or something like that...constantly battling, and having only a small margin of freedom. So the desire to have total freedom and not be conditioned by society causes me to aspire to acquire welfare. I mean f*ck, this would not be hard if I was in Ireland, or some european destination. It wouldn't be as much of a conundrum to get some paper from the gov't, but U.S wants no one to have any sense of freedom, and wants every1 2 just dedicate their lives to production and efficiency... i mean i think thats what is going down anyway
Living off the state is not total freedom. In fact, it's just the opposite. You have the wrong idea. They just don't throw money at you. You have to fill out forms and keep filling out forms. They check up on you. They send people to your home. They decide whether or not you should be allowed to receive benefits and continue to receive benefits.

This goes for the most disabled people and as you believe you are a disabled person you will have to go through a lot, probably an attorney to prove you are eligible for government benefits. There is much more freedom in working for a paycheck. It's cut and dried. You get your money and no one tells you how to spend it. Oh, yes, the welfare people will tell you how to do that too and they should because you are living off Society's dime.

If you want to leave the state in which you are living, you will have to reapply. If you want to relocate to Europe, all bets are off. No more money. Don't think you can live there on any welfare system there either. They pay taxes for their benefits and they pay dearly. They are not going to let some American slacker come in and live off their welfare system. I don't know where you are getting your information but it is all wrong. I have friends who live in the UK, Germany, Israel and Canada and I know it doesn't work that way.

You appear to be very naive about how the world works. What you need to do is more research on how to support yourself so you can live the way you want to live. Others do it, but in a more realistic manner. Your ideas just don't add up. If you worked one tenth as hard at working as you are at trying not to work, you would be just fine and be able to live any way you wanted.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:38 AM

Look I already have cash assistance. The amount of effort that goes into filling out those forms is very minimal compared to the daily grind of having to show up at the office or a classroom or a real job. The freedom of sleeping in every day is really what I'm after...If I can get enough sleep then I can get something artistic off the ground...and from there, years down the road I'll have enough paper to move wherever I want in the world.

if you go through every day knowing that you can sleep in every day, thats a game changer. I mean for real, when you're a college student at a regular state college, you can nap through some part of the day every single day... I've already had that freedom and I can't accept anything less than that. Having those student loans gave me the opportunity to not have to worry about money for the time being, take naps, all of that...welfare to me will just be a more adult version of student loans. It will allow me to be a career student. I can fill out those forms when they come...I can do it at 3 pm, 5 pm...I can do it at 3 am if I wanted to...right after I get done taking a sufficient nap. We're all sleep deprived, I'm just the first to admit it

what I'm confused about right now is where I should head to. But if I'm really being earnest about my intentions in life I probably don't need to find a great hippie town or a big city...I just need to do something that may seem dull at first, which would be to go to a small college town so I can live this exact life style. I'm telling you, those college years are the only freedom people get and then they give up...I'm not about to do that. I'm a permanent student...it just seems dull at first to go back to a dumb little town, but I think it's my best bet

Last edited by transientsalmon; 04-19-2015 at 11:49 AM..

Old 04-19-2015, 11:50 AM

21,698 posts, read 23,722,260 times
But you have to pay the student loans back. How will you do that? The money you may make as an artist will have to go to that before you can move around like you want. The government will see to that.

And student loans are very different from being an ongoing welfare recipient.

I wonder, there are many people who would like to live as you wish to. You are not the first, why do you believe that people should support you more than anyone else? You are not the first to post your ideas on CD and certainly not the first many people know who have tried to live off others. People trying to live off welfare undeservedly is being attempted every day. You give the impression you believe you are the only one who wishes to have the world subsidize you. But why should the world do that for you?

Your original question was what states would help you with your basic needs. My question and I an sure others would ask this as well, is "Why should they want to?"

Old 04-19-2015, 11:52 AM

4,925 posts, read 4,934,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I would hope its a troll thread, after all who in real life aspires to collecting welfare?
Sadly a lot of people actually do but I won't get into places in Kentucky where I have met people who do. Same for inner city generations of people have lived on welfare and in rural areas as well.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:01 PM

they should want to because this is what the world is going to become...machines are replacing people in the workplace. And I'm not a farmer...but machines are replacing people...computers are replacing everybody, there is going to be so much time for leisurely pursuits, and spiritual quests...all that nonsense, there is going to be so much time for that, and people will have such great lives and they won't have to live with as much will power which is an abnormality to nature...so I'm just being a futuristic thinker. Because right now as it is, most people are just getting through life like its a chore, when it can be enjoyed. Or I don't know... So I'm just a progressive individual and society needs progressive douchebags...one day I'll probably find an outward cause like saving some animals or working on a movie, or a youtube thing or w.e.

no I don't have to pay them back if I have no income. They don't take it out of your money if you have no income...yea down the road if I ever get some real paper I'll have to pay it back. But if I'm a successful artist type, or film maker I would have plenty of money to pay it back...and if not then at least I lived a life that was peaceful and filled with lots of naps and caring for the animals...thats it!

Let me ask you this... who would you rather have as a neighbor? that family with 2 SUVS, 3 kids, 1 airconditioner, 2 parents with jobs who are never there... or would you rather have a guy whos just chilling and is always up for a chat, a late night stroll through the campus...sure a little eccentric but more interesting and original, a lifetime friend and not another guy whos life is divided by a job and lots of responsibilities

Last edited by transientsalmon; 04-19-2015 at 12:13 PM..

Old 04-19-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Look I already have cash assistance. The amount of effort that goes into filling out those forms is very minimal compared to the daily grind of having to show up at the office or a classroom or a real job. The freedom of sleeping in every day is really what I'm after...If I can get enough sleep then I can get something artistic off the ground...and from there, years down the road I'll have enough paper to move wherever I want in the world.

if you go through every day knowing that you can sleep in every day, thats a game changer. I mean for real, when you're a college student at a regular state college, you can nap through some part of the day every single day... I've already had that freedom and I can't accept anything less than that. Having those student loans gave me the opportunity to not have to worry about money for the time being, take naps, all of that...welfare to me will just be a more adult version of student loans. It will allow me to be a career student. I can fill out those forms when they come...I can do it at 3 pm, 5 pm...I can do it at 3 am if I wanted to...right after I get done taking a sufficient nap. We're all sleep deprived, I'm just the first to admit it

what I'm confused about right now is where I should head to. But if I'm really being earnest about my intentions in life I probably don't need to find a great hippie town or a big city...I just need to do something that may seem dull at first, which would be to go to a small college town so I can live this exact life style. I'm telling you, those college years are the only freedom people get and then they give up...I'm not about to do that. I'm a permanent student...it just seems dull at first to go back to a dumb little town, but I think it's my best bet
Sooooooooo..... You want to be supported by a society in which you do not want to participate. Troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or