Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 11:21 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,897,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
It snowed in Detroit today.
Snowed in Pittsburgh as well. Mountains above Pittsburgh got around 4"

EDIT: its snowing again today as I post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 11:27 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,398,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
Snowed in Pittsburgh as well. Mountains above Pittsburgh got around 4"

EDIT: its snowing again today as I post.
Wow! It hasn't snowed here in metro Denver for a couple of days! We'll probably get more before this winter is officially over.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:38 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,082,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North 42 View Post
A couple flurries, nothing to shovel.
it's still wintry weather (what this thread is about)

Old 04-23-2015, 12:22 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,931,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
it's still wintry weather (what this thread is about)
But when it flurries in Seattle, all you guys say "its not true winter weather, its mild."

Old 04-23-2015, 01:42 PM

2,812 posts, read 5,608,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahahonors View Post
Same with Omaha. Most days were in the 60s and 70s. A couple above 80.
The thing to keep in mind with that comparison between Omaha and Seattle is, that in Seattle in March trees were already leafing out if not fully done already, grass (as it is all winter) is green and growing- flowers are all blooming. It almost never gets below freezing at night. In the Omaha area, in a normal March, grass is still brown, trees are still bare, and it may get warm sometimes, but also is not uncommon to get snow or frigid cold snaps, with frequent/common nightly lows below freezing.
(I know this comparison well after having lived 12 years near Omaha and now living in the Seattle area)

Old 04-23-2015, 01:49 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,439,919 times
That is crazy that you can get snow in late April, pretty cool if you ask me even if you hate cold weather.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:53 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,142,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
That is crazy that you can get snow in late April, pretty cool if you ask me even if you hate cold weather.
What's crazy about it? You can go to antartica or the top of a very high mountain and get winter wonderland conditions year round.

To live there and have to deal with snow in April/May when you're already sick of winter is just insult to injury. It's like someone kicking you when you're down. I remember talking to some family last winter who had to shovel snow in April, my father responded:

"I pushed the snow into the sun [probably some areas due to trees and houses are in the shade] just so the snow would melt right away. I couldn't look at more snow."

And that pretty much sums people's attitudes to snow by the time March-April-May comes around.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:14 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,082,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
But when it flurries in Seattle, all you guys say "its not true winter weather, its mild."
when does this happen? Twice a year. Once in late November (during Thanksgiving) and once in early March. It hasn't snowed since 2012 here.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:15 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,439,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
What's crazy about it? You can go to antartica or the top of a very high mountain and get winter wonderland conditions year round.

To live there and have to deal with snow in April/May when you're already sick of winter is just insult to injury. It's like someone kicking you when you're down. I remember talking to some family last winter who had to shovel snow in April, my father responded:

"I pushed the snow into the sun [probably some areas due to trees and houses are in the shade] just so the snow would melt right away. I couldn't look at more snow."

And that pretty much sums people's attitudes to snow by the time March-April-May comes around.
I hate winter I would never live in a city like Chicago or Boston way too cold a climate.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:25 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,398,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Seattleites always have some excuse for their sucky weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.