U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2015, 09:31 PM

1,140 posts, read 977,049 times

Advertisements

What institution in Pennsylvania am I thinking of? Hints: it has existed since 1933, and currently conducts business in over 600 locations throughout the state. Its facilities can be as small as 2,500 square feet but can be as large as 17,000 square feet (most are somewhere between 5,000 and 10,000) and some are in shopping centers, some are in downtowns, and some are in buildings that are in high-traffic locations but in neither of the two more traditional spots described above. Its facilities also are high-security (most have plenty of surveillance cameras and usually a door chime, plus an alarm device on the back doors, which are almost always in a non-public area to begin with) and many have security guards either inside or in the parking lot, plus a security "cage" somewhere on the premises for the employees to hide in if needed. And most locations have radio music playing (often in the categories of disco, R&B, or hip hop) but the organization surprisingly has no commercial-free radio network of its own. Also, public restrooms are almost never found at these establishments, for obvious reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 09:54 PM

892 posts, read 1,095,602 times
I'm thinking this might be Wawa.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdtdemon View Post
I'm thinking this might be Wawa.
Thanks but close but no cigar. Hint: what's in the "twin" building of this former Wawa (now a "Happy" convenience store) (?) at 3900 New Falls Rd in Bristol PA? (Type that address into Google and look at the Google Maps street view)

Old 04-18-2015, 11:29 PM

13,223 posts, read 17,966,293 times
He's talking about the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
He's talking about the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board.
Yes indeed. I know people are rooting for privatization, and have been for a very long time, but the grass is always greener on the other side. I would detest having to buy booze at supermarkets, except for supermarkets with a particularly big (the size of a state store or bigger) liquor department. But I must say... the beer stores in PA truly suck. And while they are private businesses, the beer stores would go out of business in an instant if the PLCB changed the awful laws that led to the creation of the beer stores as we know them. I am content having state stores for at least the next 100 years, but would love to buy beer at a private store dedicated to beer (as in NOT a supermarket with a cafe) that has a clean, inviting atmosphere (not a garage-like dump that smells like p1ss) and lets me buy six-packs of what I want, not just non-alcoholic beer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or