U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 03:56 PM

6,061 posts, read 3,392,125 times

Advertisements

Nope. I did live somewhere I didn't like living, and yes convenience played a part in it, but I didn't hate it. I hated the drama that sorrounded my life there, at the time, and the painful experiences but the place wasn't terrible for me. Only place I hated was my hometown, Miami. Nowhere in the country I loathe more for living. Hell, I'm visiting in 2 weeks for my birthday and part of me is excited to see my family and have a good time, but the other part is cringing cuz... its Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 05:00 PM

1,508 posts, read 526,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Been in Oklahoma City for six years now. Oklahoma is basically Texas but more conservative, more religious, and without major cities. I despise this place for so many reasons and would like nothing more than to leave but am currently stuck here. On paper my life looks like it should be going fairly well but I really haven't ever been this unhappy. In addition to the fact that I just don't like small metro areas, OKC is way too conservative and is smack dab in the middle of the ugliest area of the country in terms of natural beauty. I really hope to move somewhere else within the next five years. Honestly, I'm not that hard to please. I don't have to live in paradise. I just want to live somewhere I find tolerable i.e. metro area 1.5-2 million or above and at least moderate politically. I would prefer to be within a day trip of the coast but there are flyover cities I would be perfectly happy in.
Does Houston fit that bill? Harris County is blue-leaning, but not heavily so. Harris County is also much more scenic than OKC, with the bayous, pine forests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or