U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-24-2015, 08:15 AM
 
9,701 posts, read 7,248,572 times
Reputation: 9846

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc-lang View Post
I always though that most Northerners considered Connecticut and New Jersey suburbs of New York City.
Most of Connecticut is in the NYC metro area. In fact many of the most famous suburbs of NYC, and most important suburban business centers, are in Connecticut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-24-2015, 08:19 AM
 
12,657 posts, read 10,497,278 times
Reputation: 17561
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Most of Connecticut is in the NYC metro area. In fact many of the most famous suburbs of NYC, and most important suburban business centers, are in Connecticut.
I usually agree with you but not here. Most of CT is not in the metro region and other than Greenwich I can't think of another famous CT NYC suburb and I live in this metro region.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2015, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
11,145 posts, read 14,119,247 times
Reputation: 7075
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Not really. Connecticut isn't on the ocean, and Cali is. Not a reasonable comparison. And you cannot get coastal land in CT for 250k, unless you're in the middle of a slum.

Generally speaking, only the rich live along the LI Sound in CT.
That's why I said WITHIN 1,000 FEET of the coastline. Go on the MLS now and you will see that it's possible in CT. I know the coast is not on the ocean (it's on LI Sound), but it's still just as scenic as the ocean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2015, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,266 posts, read 26,231,676 times
Reputation: 11726
This article is so very WRONG and so very STUPID. It gets it wrong right out of the gate.

Quote:
You’ve never lived south of the Mason-Dixon line and you probably never will.
CLEARLY this imbecile did not bother to search the 4,000 threads with polls on C-D. Had he done so, he would know that DC, Maryland and Delaware are unequivocally Northeastern states, and that the Mason-Dixon Line is an irrelevant historical artifact that in no way, shape or form changes the fact that Maryland is 100% Northeastern. I will take the liberty of rewriting this wrongheaded statement.

Quote:
You've never lived south of Fredericksburg, Virginia and you probably never will.
There, much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2015, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
11,145 posts, read 14,119,247 times
Reputation: 7075
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Most of Connecticut is in the NYC metro area. In fact many of the most famous suburbs of NYC, and most important suburban business centers, are in Connecticut.
NONE of CT is in the NYC Metro Area, in fact. Not a single CT county is included in the NYC MSA. Even if you're talking about CSA, that still leaves most CT counties NOT in the NYC CSA.

Most of CT is not part of, and doesn't even feel like it's part of NYC or the NYC metro area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2015, 08:25 AM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
11,145 posts, read 14,119,247 times
Reputation: 7075
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
This article is so very WRONG and so very STUPID. It gets it wrong right out of the gate.



CLEARLY this imbecile did not bother to search the 4,000 threads with polls on C-D. Had he done so, he would know that DC, Maryland and Delaware are unequivocally Northeastern states, and that the Mason-Dixon Line is an irrelevant historical artifact that in no way, shape or form changes the fact that Maryland is 100% Northeastern.
I disagree. Maryland is not part of the Northeast. I don't know anyone from MD that considers it to be part of the Northeast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2015, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,266 posts, read 26,231,676 times
Reputation: 11726
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I disagree. Maryland is not part of the Northeast. I don't know anyone from MD that considers it to be part of the Northeast.
What are you talking about? Maryland is rude, arrogant and wealthy and people there live a fast-paced lifestyle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2015, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia
11,884 posts, read 10,383,727 times
Reputation: 8050
Maybe 6/19 for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2015, 08:29 AM
 
12,657 posts, read 10,497,278 times
Reputation: 17561
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
This article is so very WRONG and so very STUPID. It gets it wrong right out of the gate.



CLEARLY this imbecile did not bother to search the 4,000 threads with polls on C-D. Had he done so, he would know that DC, Maryland and Delaware are unequivocally Northeastern states, and that the Mason-Dixon Line is an irrelevant historical artifact that in no way, shape or form changes the fact that Maryland is 100% Northeastern. I will take the liberty of rewriting this wrongheaded statement.



There, much better.
I have to say, I instantly thought of this when I first saw the article. Whoever wrote this is clearly defining Northeast as not including MD and DE. Made me giggle given the CD obsessions lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2015, 08:31 AM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,266 posts, read 26,231,676 times
Reputation: 11726
Maryland is more Northeastern than Connecticut. Five of Maryland's counties are among the Top 20 wealthiest counties in the U.S. You know how many Connecticut counties made the list?

List of highest-income counties in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zero. It's simply a lifestyle CT residents could never understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top