U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2015, 05:06 PM

6,395 posts, read 7,066,298 times

Advertisements

No idea where you get the idea of worst stadiums in the smallest market. The Gator Bowl improvements were 20 years ago. In recent years the Jags' have been recognized as one of the top stadium experiences, and last year reached #1. https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/shows...tory_id=544468
At the owners meeting in Phoenix earlier this Spring the Jaguars front office revealed that many franchises have been learning from them and asking them about all their new corporate sponsorships, fan cultivation and engagement, and stadium experience. It's not like we're sitting perfectly pretty now, but it is cool to see a franchise that was considered a lost cause six years ago now be the poster child in league circles for proper and effective management.

And while $50 million is indeed just 5% of a billion, it is a whole lot more money than nothing. Khan would have no trouble NOT investing that money if he decided not to. He still curries good will through the charitable foundation, his support of the chamber of commerce, and his megaplans for real estate development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 08:05 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,260,310 times
It's official. Rams are moving to LA.

BREAKING: The Rams Are Coming Back to Los Angeles, and the Chargers Might Join Them - Stadium Wars - Curbed LA

Old 01-12-2016, 08:22 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,139,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeOrange View Post
Good. St. Louis deserves to be punished for being St. Louis.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:26 PM

1,025 posts, read 621,567 times
Someone earlier mentioned Indy as a spot for an MLB team. I just don't think it could support that. Indy is too close to many MLB markets (Chicago, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Detroit, St. Louis).

One could say, wait, all those cities have football teams (well, maybe not St. Louis anymore), and Indy has the Colts. But football is completely different. 8 home games. With 82 home games, you really need a lot of fans to justify a baseball franchise. Other comparable sized cities that do have baseball teams have had those teams a very long time and have pretty defined fan bases. Conjuring up hundreds of thousands of fans for a new Indy team would be daunting.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:30 PM

5,991 posts, read 8,379,850 times
Default I'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroninja42 View Post
I'm not sure what this means. I think this totally sucks for STL and they don't deserve it. If 3 teams relocate to LA then this is even a bigger issue. I'd rather see 3 different US cities have teams than one city have 3 teams. I don't care what the market size is.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:32 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,257,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
I'm not sure what this means. I think this totally sucks for STL and they don't deserve it. If 3 teams relocate to LA then this is even a bigger issue. I'd rather see 3 different US cities have teams than one city have 3 teams. I don't care what the market size is.
They're currently only getting the Rams. The Chargers were approved, but they need to negotiate with Kroenke/the Rams about sharing their stadium. The Raiders are staying in Oakland.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:33 PM

1,709 posts, read 1,691,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroninja42 View Post
We get it, you hate MO.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:00 PM

6,627 posts, read 10,405,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
LA's only getting the Rams (for now). Chargers have a year to work out a deal with Kroenke to play in Inglewood. If that doesn't happen then the Raiders get a chance to wheel and deal with Stan. Rams will relocate this year and the Chargers or the Raiders will move in 2019 when the stadium is built.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:18 PM

5,991 posts, read 8,379,850 times
Are the Raiders contingent on the Chargers deal, or are they mutually exclusive?

Old 01-12-2016, 09:43 PM

18,700 posts, read 27,257,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
Someone earlier mentioned Indy as a spot for an MLB team. I just don't think it could support that. Indy is too close to many MLB markets (Chicago, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Detroit, St. Louis).

One could say, wait, all those cities have football teams (well, maybe not St. Louis anymore), and Indy has the Colts. But football is completely different. 8 home games. With 82 home games, you really need a lot of fans to justify a baseball franchise. Other comparable sized cities that do have baseball teams have had those teams a very long time and have pretty defined fan bases. Conjuring up hundreds of thousands of fans for a new Indy team would be daunting.
I agree with you about Indianapolis and baseball. It doesn't help that many of the teams that are near STL are historic popular teams such as the Cardinals, Cubs, Tigers, and Reds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or