U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2016, 08:47 AM

525 posts, read 455,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Definitely. Though I've noticed a growing number of Revs fans. I think a soccer-only stadium in the city that's transit accessible would help the team explode in popularity.
Totally agree, for both the Revs and DC United. If you built soccer specific stadiums for each along rail lines, each team would skyrocket in popularity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 11:16 AM

6,179 posts, read 6,674,783 times
I'd like to see an NFL expansion to add the following teams: Chicago AFC, Los Angeles AFC, Las Vegas, St. Louis

This would create a type of parity for NFC/Fox and AFC/CBS by giving both a presence in the nation's largest media markets: NY, LA, Chi, Bay, B/W

Old 04-26-2016, 11:43 AM

18,700 posts, read 27,257,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
I'd like to see an NFL expansion to add the following teams: Chicago AFC, Los Angeles AFC, Las Vegas, St. Louis

This would create a type of parity for NFC/Fox and AFC/CBS by giving both a presence in the nation's largest media markets: NY, LA, Chi, Bay, B/W
You're still on the Chicago should have an AFC team. No, they should not. The Bears would own that city no matter what AFC team would go there. Besides, that's too many teams anyway. 32 is fine.

Old 04-27-2016, 01:11 PM

6,179 posts, read 6,674,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
You're still on the Chicago should have an AFC team. No, they should not. The Bears would own that city no matter what AFC team would go there. Besides, that's too many teams anyway. 32 is fine.
Yep still on it. and it is fine that "no, they should not" and mine is "yes, they should" since this is an issue that is strictly a matter of opinion. Chicago could easily support a second nfl team IMHO

And, yes, as I stated, there would be a good form of equity between nfc/fox and cbs/afc if. Both were located gin the ny, chi, la, bay, and b/w markets

Feel free to disagee

Old 04-27-2016, 09:41 PM

311 posts, read 221,862 times
Philly is the nation's fourth largest media market, just saying.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:11 AM

127 posts, read 162,553 times
I think the NFL will have a full European division before an AFC team sets up shop in Chicago. I just can't imagine there's a giant untapped NFL market in Chicago just chomping at the bit to support the NFL, if only they had an AFC team to call their own.

With Cubs-White Sox you at least have a north side vs. south side, historic ballpark vs. modern ballpark, white-collar vs. blue-collar thing going. I really don't know who the new team would be marketing to. Are the Bears expected to share Soldier Field, or is the AFC team somehow going to finance a $1.5 billion domed palace and that's going to be their identity to get people on board?

Last edited by wherespankakehouse?; 04-28-2016 at 12:29 AM..

Old 04-28-2016, 10:29 AM

3,618 posts, read 1,595,568 times
I agree about nfl looking to london but that is a horrible idea. the flight and jet lag will be awful, I dont think i have seen one good game the nfl has put on in london. in fact , almost all of them are awful

I would much rather see a team in toronto

Old 04-28-2016, 01:36 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,388,942 times
Quebec City deserves a hockey team eh. I've never understood why places like Florida and the Los Angeles metro area have two hockey teams yet Quebec City doesn't have one. It seems like Hockey only enjoys a loyal following in places where the temperature actually drops below freezing. Toronto could also use a second hockey team. The Maple Leaves suck yet they have the highest ticket prices in the NHL.

Old 04-28-2016, 02:02 PM

9,475 posts, read 9,657,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
Quebec City deserves a hockey team eh. I've never understood why places like Florida and the Los Angeles metro area have two hockey teams yet Quebec City doesn't have one. It seems like Hockey only enjoys a loyal following in places where the temperature actually drops below freezing. Toronto could also use a second hockey team. The Maple Leaves suck yet they have the highest ticket prices in the NHL.
Southern California has 20,000,000 more people than Quebec City. Even if LA teams have a fraction the market share a QC team it has a better market, especially with the CAD/USD exchange rate.
You understand "hockey only can succeed in the north" is bunk. Tampa and Nashville have strong markets (esp. Nashville considering their size). Winnipeg lost their first team due to attendance issues, and the Islanders and Devils often struggle to fill their arenas. Even the Blackhawks in the early 2000s were attracting 12K fans/game. Boston for several years was only attracting 15-16K/game, both worse the Florida this year, and Chicago as bad as Carolina this year.

Old 04-28-2016, 02:49 PM

3,114 posts, read 2,544,929 times
I'd like to see Detroit get an MLS team. The Youtube videos of the supporters of Detroit City FC shows that a Detroit MLS squad could have a rabid fan base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or