U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2016, 04:08 PM

4,445 posts, read 3,625,211 times

Advertisements

What about MLL? Who's next
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 04:53 PM

18,708 posts, read 27,332,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
Yep still on it. and it is fine that "no, they should not" and mine is "yes, they should" since this is an issue that is strictly a matter of opinion. Chicago could easily support a second nfl team IMHO

And, yes, as I stated, there would be a good form of equity between nfc/fox and cbs/afc if. Both were located gin the ny, chi, la, bay, and b/w markets

Feel free to disagee
I'm just saying that I don't think there is a need for a Chicago AFC team when everyone knows the Bears would dominate the market. Baltimore and Washington isn't one market. Philadelphia is 4th and you will never see a second NFL team there.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:14 PM

3,114 posts, read 2,552,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
What about MLL? Who's next
Portland would be perfect for Major League Lacrosse. It has a sizable native American population, a large playing field at Providence Park and a populace willing to adopt unfamiliar activities.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:26 PM

6,682 posts, read 8,461,729 times
Manfred says that MLB is poised to expand in the next couple of years.

I think Montreal is a lock to get a team (hopefully a revived Expos franchise after they moved to Washington). Manfred has said that they plan on expanding by a minimum of 2 teams and has said that Montreal is definitely one of the places they have significant interest in.

What would the second expansion team be? Portland? Austin? Salt Lake City? A North Carolina city?

Manfred also said that this would be a few years down the line, so not something imminent in the present period (3-5 years).

Old 04-30-2016, 10:34 AM

9,530 posts, read 9,712,777 times
Does anyone else think the Clippers should move to Anaheim?
To be a really successful team you need a geographic base, even in split markets, the Cubs/White Sox are North/South, Islanders/Rangers are LI/NYC, Duck/Kings are LA/Anaheim, ditto with Dodgers Angles, 49ers/Raiders are SF/Oakland.
When a team has no geographic base of support, like the Clippers don't, they are bound never really to get a hardcore following that doesn't evaporate quickly after the team starts to lose.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:20 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,106,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
Manfred says that MLB is poised to expand in the next couple of years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
Manfred also said that this would be a few years down the line, so not something imminent in the present period (3-5 years).

Old 05-01-2016, 12:30 AM

127 posts, read 162,956 times
Of all sports, the one that needs to happen asap is the Seattle Supersonics. NBA should be chomping at the bit to get this city back on the NBA map. The name is available and carries a lot of equity. Seattle is a good basketball town. I've kind of checked out on where the arena plans stand, but considering the NBA is a no-brainer, and the city should get some interest from the NHL even with an NBA team, you would think that if any metropolitan area ever had an incentive to build a modern arena it would be Seattle. It's almost remarkable that the NBA and Seattle haven't remarried by now.

Quebec is the one I'm pulling for in the NHL. Is there any question about Winnipeg being a success? Is there any reason why Quebec wouldn't be able to replicate that success? I don't think there is.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:55 AM

8,492 posts, read 10,583,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wherespankakehouse? View Post
Of all sports, the one that needs to happen asap is the Seattle Supersonics. NBA should be chomping at the bit to get this city back on the NBA map. The name is available and carries a lot of equity. Seattle is a good basketball town. I've kind of checked out on where the arena plans stand, but considering the NBA is a no-brainer, and the city should get some interest from the NHL even with an NBA team, you would think that if any metropolitan area ever had an incentive to build a modern arena it would be Seattle. It's almost remarkable that the NBA and Seattle haven't remarried by now.
That's easy to say but in order for that to happen, an NBA team would have to relocate. The Kings relocation bid failed so what team do you think should relocate to Seattle?

Old 05-01-2016, 10:38 PM

127 posts, read 162,956 times
Fair point. It's true that there aren't many NBA relocation candidates right now. I'm just saying the NBA back in Seattle is the closest thing to a guaranteed success as there is in terms of a new location for any of these leagues. In my opinion, it's a top-15 NBA market with a new arena.

Now that LA has the NFL, I almost think NBA Seattle has taken over those reigns. Perhaps the NBA intends to use Seattle as the hammer for a while, much like the NFL did with LA.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:31 PM

6,682 posts, read 8,461,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Yeah, a few years down the line (3-5) the MLB will sit down and evaluate their options with regards to expanding the league to 32 teams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or