U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2017, 06:15 PM

3,001 posts, read 3,789,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
You have not heard of the Oilers, the one I referenced that they lost?
Of course I have heard of the Oilers. That is not the point. You implied that Houston doesn't have a NFL team which is not true.

Los Angeles lost 2 NFL teams but they now have the Rams back and the Chargers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2017, 10:22 AM

3,114 posts, read 2,544,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Yes, pretty sure. But to offer an alternative position, here is one:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/10/19/ma...al-realignment

I don't think Portland is realistic as they will never build an MLB stadium with public funds. Private? perhaps.

Portland State University research suggests the three major counties on the Oregon side of the metro grew by a combined 32,000 from 7/2016 to 7/2017. I'm guessing Clark County, Washington added another 8 to 10,000.

The city should get an NFL or NHL or MLB team solely based on the fact that the metro is leaving the metros of some current teams in the dust.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:39 AM

384 posts, read 128,357 times
NHL: Milwaukee (Natural rivalry with the Blackhawks and Wild), Kansas City (the two nearest teams to KC are the Blues and Stars), and Seattle (major market rich with capital and natural rival for Vancouver)
NFL: San Antonio (they had two failed bids: The first was to get the Cardinals in 1987 and the second was to start an expansion team in 1993). Objections would likely be from Jerry Jones and Bob McNair for having a third team close to the Cowboys and Texans. But the population and distance between the cities in the Texas Triangle could support a franchise in a city where the Spurs are the lone professional sports team in the four major leagues.
NBA: St. Louis, Seattle,
MLB: Charlotte, Montreal, Vancouver, and New Orleans

Old 12-23-2017, 07:57 PM
JJG

13,256 posts, read 19,295,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
As much as I hate to say it, New York City could probably support another team better than any city that currently has none.
No, man...

Old 06-07-2018, 10:32 AM

3,718 posts, read 4,816,616 times
The Aís and Rays are potential relocation franchises to Portland, but an unknown third MLB franchise is apparently growing antsy.

Canzano: Major League move not only for Russell Wilson and Ciara, but for Portland | OregonLive.com

Old 06-07-2018, 06:50 PM

1,991 posts, read 893,211 times
Me and my best friend has a discussion about this. We are huge basketball fans so we decided that:

Baltimore, Seattle, Vegas, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Kansas City to name a few.

I mean if Milwaukee which is a very unattractive market has a team then why donít some of these cities not have a team?

Old 06-07-2018, 10:07 PM

18,923 posts, read 7,045,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Me and my best friend has a discussion about this. We are huge basketball fans so we decided that:

I mean if Milwaukee which is a very unattractive market has a team then why donít some of these cities not have a team?
Milwaukee has two teams, the Brewers and the Bucks

Old 06-08-2018, 12:08 AM

3,001 posts, read 3,789,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Milwaukee has two teams, the Brewers and the Bucks
He said that Milwaukee has a team. He said, if Milwaukee can have a team, then why can't the other cities mentioned also have NBA teams.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:47 PM

6,653 posts, read 8,416,167 times
The Austin City-Council voted 7-4 in favor of allowing Anthony Precourt build an MLS grade soccer specific stadium in the Domain area of Austin on a site that is referred to as McKalla Place.

The stadium will be privately financed with Precourt footing all of the costs. Precourt has acquired the loans from JP Morgan Chase to move forward on the site. The Columbus Crew will be leaving Columbus for Austin and will likely change their name once getting to their new city (MLS teams always change their name when they relocate).

https://www.tampabay.com/city-counci...8c52419507df3a

With MLS to Austin, that underscores the city's first professional sports team in one of the Big 5 sports leagues of NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB, and MLS.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:49 PM

2,169 posts, read 1,084,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post

I mean if Milwaukee which is a very unattractive market has a team then why don’t some of these cities not have a team?
Who said it's an unattractive market? Someone who hasn't been there? Milwaukee has two teams...and would have the Packers, if Green Bay didn't. Their two teams do quite well, actually. SO, don't pretend to know what you're talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or