U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 03:11 PM

134 posts, read 75,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezzador View Post
Of all the regions I actually think the Northeast gets the least amount of hate. I do think there is a lot of jealousy from the other regions since it is the richest, most cosmopolitan, most educated, and arguably the healthiest part of the country, but I don't think there's a ton of actual hate. New Jersey is the butt of a lot of jokes, but a lot of it is good-natured ribbing, and comes from fellow Northeasterners anyway.
So true but I think the West (California, Oregon) get the least amount of hate. Haven't heard people say much bad about the West.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 03:14 PM

10,156 posts, read 6,485,363 times
It's not the Northeast that most people hate. It is the attitude of a lot of stupid people that live there that they are somehow better than the rest of the country. Which is actually laughable. But as they say you can't fix stupid.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:17 PM

4,925 posts, read 4,911,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcoulib95 View Post
So true but I think the West (California, Oregon) get the least amount of hate. Haven't heard people say much bad about the West.
I agree with Fezz, well said man.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:29 PM

6,611 posts, read 6,920,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I disagree with this thread, more people hate the South than any other region in the country. Most of the country loves the Northeast because of Boston and NYC and they think its a highly educated and cosmopolitan area, only complaint I hear people say about the Northeast is the cost of living is bad and the weather is horrible thats it.
And the accents don't get much love either. But yeah, I don't think of the Northeast as very maligned - even on city-data.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:30 PM

4,925 posts, read 4,911,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
And the accents don't get much love either. But yeah, I don't think of the Northeast as very maligned - even on city-data.
Most of the country has no clue about the South, they basically just go off stereotypes from the media, movies and Hollywood, its quite funny how clueless City Data Posters are about the South.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:35 PM

3,751 posts, read 3,714,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcoulib95 View Post
The West is definitely the darling of this country, though personally I think a lot of people don't realize how inferior the quality of life here is in many ways compared to the other regions. You really do pay dearly for slightly more hospitable weather and mountains in terms of higher real estate prices, rent, more expensive food, etc and I find there is not much community out West either, but then again its history is only half as long as back East so maybe in time it will develop more. Westerners do seem like they are becoming more parochial and conservative with every generation.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:36 PM

3,751 posts, read 3,714,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
It's not the Northeast that most people hate. It is the attitude of a lot of stupid people that live there that they are somehow better than the rest of the country. Which is actually laughable. But as they say you can't fix stupid.
I find that attitude is more prevalent on the West Coast than anywhere else (most people think I'm insane for being interested in living east of the Rockies), though you do get the idiots who believe Syracuse is the best place in the world too once in a while.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:42 PM

15,350 posts, read 12,109,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
For a lot of the same reasons people hate on the South, Midwest, and the West.
Feeble minded people like to talk smack. Haters gonna hate.
That's harsh and extreme.

If someone, like myself, has lived in the Midwest, Southeast, Southwest and the Northeast...
I feel I have a knowledge of each place...and I am certainly not a hater or feeble minded.
I escaped from 3 years in Boston...I escaped from 3 years in Queens.
There are good and bed aspects, like most things...

Now in the Southwest for 29 years...there was a difference the first week
coming here from NYC.
Ahh...so much more relaxed....so much more space for my dollar.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:45 PM

15,350 posts, read 12,109,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Most of the country has no clue about the South, they basically just go off stereotypes from the media, movies and Hollywood, its quite funny how clueless City Data Posters are about the South.
The south is wonderful!
A bit humid in the summers, tho!!!

Old 05-01-2015, 03:45 PM

134 posts, read 75,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
Westerners do seem like they are becoming more parochial and conservative with every generation.
Interesting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or