U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 08:13 PM

6,611 posts, read 6,940,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outforarip View Post
Do Americans seriously think Canadians pay "high taxes"? Our taxes are so low your companies are coming up here to set up shop (Burger King ect). The high taxes, death panels, healthcare lotteries, Canadians flocking over the border, doctor shortages and poor care are all myths created by your big bully for profit insurance companies to prevent you from going in our direction. The fact is.. The canadian system is superior. You rank last by the WHO's standards and the rest of the world knows it. US healthcare: garbage
Please use real facts...http://thepatientfactor.com/canadian...ealth-systems/

According to WHO, the US ranks 37, Canada ranks 30. A very insignificant difference for such an awesome healthcare system.

Your talking points sound like they were lifted verbatim from FOX News - and you were the one accusing everyone else of getting their information from them.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:29 PM

3,458 posts, read 4,015,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Please use real facts...World Health Organization’s Ranking of the World’s Health Systems | thepatientfactor.com

According to WHO, the US ranks 37, Canada ranks 30. A very insignificant difference for such an awesome healthcare system.

Your talking points sound like they were lifted verbatim from FOX News - and you were the one accusing everyone else of getting their information from them.
I wouldn't even bother if I was you, this guy is a space cadet.

Either way, the WHO hasn't released a country ranking since 2000, because the list everyone defaults to was picked apart and exposed for some serious flaws. Chances are they will stick to what they do best, compiling data and not offering any analysis of any substance.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:35 PM

42,663 posts, read 74,356,272 times
Quote:
FOX News? Who watches that crap?.

Enough people to form public policy.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:18 PM

11,265 posts, read 13,182,439 times
Quote:
I don't know everything about American healthcare but am well aware from the WHO about its short comings and inequalities and yes people do indeed die in your country from lack of preventative care or no care at all. This is from reputable sources, not anecdotal evidence or FOX news.

VERY few Canadians have Family ties or friends in the US. I'm always wary about the "all my friends from Canada hate their healthcare" or "my family in Canada is dying" type stories for this reason. Trust me.. There is very little cross border interaction beyond shopping. I hesitate to say this.. But most Canadians aren't too fond of Americans.

Are you ****ing high, man? You really have no idea, do you? Ever since North America was populated by Europeans, Canadians and Americans freely crossed the border, had homes and families and business' on either side for generations. Among the border States and Provinces, you wouldn't believe the families split by the border, or the intense friendships on either side. You think some line in the ground is going to stop that?

Christ on a bike, I really wish you'd stop trolling these guys. I have no reason to believe you're even Canadian.

Quote:
FOX News? Who watches that crap?

So all you know about American healthcare is what you've heard, much as all many Americans know about Canadian healthcare is what they're heard. Please tell me how that's ANY different.

You couldn't be more wrong...you're the first rude Canadian I've ever met. I've taught with dozens over the years and they were always THE nicest people, and I never said that they hated Canadian healthcare so I'm not sure where you came up with that one.

I've been to Canada several times and everyone was always completely nice to me. Maybe YOU aren't fond of Americans, but in general I have found Canadians to be very fond of us and when they come here they hardly ever want to leave. They often criticize the US for this and that, but they never want to leave for some reason.

This is like talking to a stump. What was your reason for creating this thread? Seems like you just wanted to complain.

I agree with you, Joe. Living in a border city, I'm around Americans all the time, and I can say that save for very few, the Americans I've encountered have been nothing short of great.

It is like talking to a stump.

Last edited by Magnatomicflux; 05-05-2015 at 11:06 PM..

Old 05-05-2015, 10:21 PM

Quote:
I'm talking largely about Ontario and western Canada.. Nearly zero family ties. Yes the French Canadians became "Cajuns" but we're not talking about that.

We're talking about Canadians having family ties in this current day in age in the states which is statically very low...
Show me.

Now.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post

I agree with you, Joe. Living in a border city, I'm around Americans all the time, and I can say that save for very few, the Americans I've encountered have been nothing short of great.

It is like talking to a stump.

Sorry man...I know how it feels to be embarrassed by one of your own.

Most of us (Canadians and Americans) area actually pretty cool people, but maybe I'm just a glass-half-full kinda guy.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Sorry man...I know how it feels to be embarrassed by one of your own.

Most of us (Canadians and Americans) area actually pretty cool people, but maybe I'm just a glass-half-full kinda guy.

lol! It's not about being an optimistic though. It's true. Whether or not guys like him on either side of the border want to believe it, we're family no matter which way you slice it. Always have been, always will be. There are no two nations who are closer, so similar, or so trusting as ours. Yeah, we have spats here and there, or disapprove of this or that. But find me two brothers that don't.

It just really makes me nuts. Look at the asshat's posting history. He's only here for one reason, and it's to **** you guys off.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
lol! It's not about being an optimistic though. It's true. Whether or not guys like him on either side of the border want to believe it, we're family no matter which way you slice it. Always have been, always will be. There are no two nations who are closer, so similar, or so trusting as ours. Yeah, we have spats here and there, or disapprove of this or that. But find me two brothers that don't.

It just really makes me nuts. Look at the asshat's posting history. He's only here for one reason, and it's to **** you guys off.
That's why I take it with a grain of salt...it's just funny to watch him/her squirm a little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.