Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 07:32 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,113,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outforarip View Post
VERY few Canadians have Family ties or friends in the US. I'm always wary about the "all my friends from Canada hate their healthcare" or "my family in Canada is dying" type stories for this reason. Trust me.. There is very little cross border interaction beyond shopping. I hesitate to say this.. But most Canadians aren't too fond of Americans.
Do you think before you type? Everyone of your posts thus far has been complete rubbish.

Few family ties? Nearly 1 million French Canadians immigrated to the U.S. in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Mostly to the New England states.

My family on the other hand came down from Newfoundland and NB, settling in the Boston area.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:38 PM

39 posts, read 39,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Do you think before you type? Everyone of your posts thus far has been complete rubbish.

Few family ties? Nearly 1 million French Canadians immigrated to the U.S. in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Mostly to the New England states.

My family on the other hand came down from Newfoundland and NB, settling in the Boston area.
I'm talking largely about Ontario and western Canada.. Nearly zero family ties. Yes the French Canadians became "Cajuns" but we're not talking about that.

We're talking about Canadians having family ties in this current day in age in the states which is statically very low...

Old 05-05-2015, 07:38 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
How much do you know about the Affordable Care Act? Insurance companies can no longer drop someone's coverage like they could before. See, you don't know as much as you think you do about American healthcare.

I was diagnosed with cancer 7 years ago, have had 4 surgeries, chemo and radiation, and still have my coverage with no problems at all with no limits.
Most if not all of your treatment occurred before ACA. The situation he laid out was extremely rare.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:39 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,036,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post

Excellent point.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Most if not all of your treatment occurred before ACA. The situation he laid out was extremely rare.
Not really...it's still occurring. But I agree that the situation mentioned earlier is very rare.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
I dislike the idea of government rationed care, private doctors being completely illegal (yes I know they exist in Canada, but they are breaking the law even though they may operate in the open), and the higher taxes that come along with it.
Government does not control or ration care.
Private clinics should be illegal IMO as no one should pay for healthcare
Our taxes are not that high. You also already pay for people's Medicaid, Medicare and EBT with your taxes.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:45 PM

14,308 posts, read 11,697,976 times
Quote:
I can almost guarantee you if you get a cancer diagnosis you will meet your cap quickly and then lose your insurance.
Try again.

I had cancer (surgery, chemo, radiation, hormone therapy) six years ago, and another cancer diagnosis late last year (more surgery, chemo, reconstruction). I haven't lost my insurance. That's never even been hinted at. After my deductible was met, every penny was paid by the insurance.

If you really think everyone who gets cancer loses their insurance, that just goes to show that you are truly ignorant about the American health care system.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Try again.

I had cancer (surgery, chemo, radiation, hormone therapy) six years ago, and another cancer diagnosis late last year (more surgery, chemo, reconstruction). I haven't lost my insurance. That's never even been hinted at. After my deductible was met, every penny was paid by the insurance.

If you really think everyone who gets cancer loses their insurance, that just goes to show that you are truly ignorant about the American health care system.
Same here...and he/she thinks Americans are ignorant about Canadian healthcare. Isn't it ironic, don't ya think?

Old 05-05-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Government does not control or ration care.
Private clinics should be illegal IMO as no one should pay for healthcare
Our taxes are not that high. You also already pay for people's Medicaid, Medicare and EBT with your taxes.
So it seems like you have as many (or more) misconceptions about American healthcare as some (not nearly all) Americans have about Canadian healthcare. There is no need to act so superior anymore because you have proven beyond a doubt that you don't know much.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:07 PM

Do Americans seriously think Canadians pay "high taxes"? Our taxes are so low your companies are coming up here to set up shop (Burger King ect). The high taxes, death panels, healthcare lotteries, Canadians flocking over the border, doctor shortages and poor care are all myths created by your big bully for profit insurance companies to prevent you from going in our direction. The fact is.. The canadian system is superior. You rank last by the WHO's standards and the rest of the world knows it. US healthcare: garbage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.