Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2015, 05:55 AM

54 posts, read 74,472 times

Advertisements

After a long time poking around on various websites/schemes/ideas/.... I ended up choosing "online betting on sport events" and man!, this really turned $10 into $88, multibetting! on 4 soccer games which came through last night, fininshing with Barcelona and Bayern Munich match. (What a literature!!!)

Now I am a Romanian guy living in the U.S (whose initially was planed to criss-cross the Bronx borough touting for passengers!) but now I have way cooler Job!
P.S: I never took a shot at "illegally picking up fairs"!!!!

So you guys, Is it illegal to bet on sports online in the U.S?
Shall a designated website be based within the U.S to remove illegality and money laundery??
I placed my bets in bwin.com which is founded in Great Britain and by far I didn't have any problem withdrwaing my sexy profit off my account in bwin.com
I also never overshot my boundries in placing certain amount of bet (which was usually no more than $50) and always used the suggested-by-bwin-multibetting in the right side of my account to maximize "my profit". (Because when you multibet, if the 4 out of 4 matches is guessed correctly, you would have X3 profit than a sinlge,seperate bets on 4).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 02:51 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,592,405 times
You're kidding right? There's plenty of sites out there that you can sports bet on. Your checks will say something like "Banc en Quebec" or "Singapore National Bank" though.

I hope this isn't a trap for sites to go get shut down.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:06 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,090,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Eat Candy View Post
I hope this isn't a trap for sites to go get shut down.
Seems more like an advertisement for the particular site he raves about in his OP.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:59 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
You can in Las Vegas.

Otherwise, daily fantasy sports (FanDuel, Draft Kings, etc) is as close as you'll come in most states. Online poker is banned in all but three states (and they are mostly intra-state/sucky), and IMO it's just a matter of time until DFS gets outlawed as well (it's already illegal in 4-6 states).

American freedom only goes as far as legislated morality (usually with a ambiguous religious basis) lets it.

Spoiler
In the next episode, David Aguilar asks for suggestions of countries he can move to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.