U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2015, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 446 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, this is my first post so please be nice I've lived in West Palm Beach, FL my entire 32 years of life and I'm OVER it. I'm tired of stop lights every 50 feet, too many people, too much city, too expensive, too hot. I want somewhere with all 4 season (but just light snowy winters,) open spaces, affordable, somewhere I can have a big yard that has the soft grass with wild deer perhaps , lots of nature, running creeks, be able to drive to waterfalls and mountains, but also have very close proximity to city....close to airports, popular concerts come through, malls, civilization (if theres a chipotle then to me that means its well enough civilized lol.) I originally wanted Colorado, but I dont know anywhere affordable enough with the light side of a snowfall and it's in a recluse mountain town far away from everything.

I know thats a lot of criteria but I know it's out there somewhere and it's so frustrating not being able to narrow it to even a state. Thought of TN and NC as well.

Any good input from experience would be helpful. Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 11:32 AM

2,319 posts, read 1,857,508 times
TN would fit most of your criteria. Not to much snow in winter, more mild. Nashville is a fun city to live close to (we are there often) but offers nearby parks and of course mountains. Many homes for sale with land and I consider it quite affordable. SC would also offer great weather and nature. This was one of our choices we researched as well.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:16 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,141,052 times
In addition to CO, you might want to consider NM and UT. Climates are fairly similar, 4 somewhat well-defined seasons, with moderate snowfall in the major cities. However, with the arid climate the snow usually melts quickly and it feels warmer than the thermometer indicates. In summer it gets hot but, the lack of humidity will make it seem more comfortable than FL. You won't be sweating as soon as you get out of the shower.

Living along the Front Range, Wasatch Range or the Albuquerque Basin, you'd still have access to the mountains, waterfalls, creeks and nature you so desire. Best wishes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or