Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Georgia or Louisiana?
Georgia 48 66.67%
Louisiana 24 33.33%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 06:53 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,787,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceter View Post
What can be said about the nearly 3 million black people living in Georgia today is that at least 95% of them haven't the slightest clue that Georgia's state flag is still a Confederate Flag and you were among that 95% until you heard it from me. Grady Hospital in present day Atlanta, but Henry Grady was a white supremacist at the end of the day. Georgia folks like you have always moved on from the past without acknowledging the past. If they did, someone like " Itchy Trigger Finger" Nash would be a more well known individual (considering his murderous racist crimes in Atlanta during the late 1940's) and not the obscure individual that he is. If not for you taking a dump on my city/state at every turn, I wouldn't know today that MLK actually thought " City Too Busy To Hate " was a croc, or that Georgia had more 20th century lynchings of black people than any other state. Can't forget about Forsyth County (Metro Atlanta) which was arguably the most racist place in America in the 20th century by most measures while the Atlanta media painted a rosy picture of it throughout the period.
You have not taught me anything.I just dont care.I LOVE Georgia.Not everything about it but enough for me to WANT to stay.The fact that black people like myself are moving here in droves is KILLING you and it actually funny seeing how committed you are trying to male mountains out of mole hills ignoring other places with similar histories.histories. Thats just it.HISTORY.
You bring up Forsythe County in every damn post of Georgia which black population has grown 300%.You are the most dishonest poster on CD.
You have some serious issues.Stop derailing the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
This is a hard one for me. Savanah is my first love, and Louisiana does not have a huge metro like Georgia, Texas or Florida. But on the other hand I have found Louisiana to have more interesting cities, history, culture and food. I don't think I would be without anything living in Atlanta, in fact there are a few things that are important to me that they have in droves. New Orleans though is one of my current loves and I Aptos live there on a heart beat.

1. Weather -this one isn't a big one for me. I prefer the milder winters of Southern Louisiana, but I would think that the average person would prefer the slightly drier weather of the higher and more inland areas of GA.

2. Crime- this one is easy, Georgia wins.

3. Nature- both states are rather different and very interesting, it's hard to pick, I would say a tie

4. Hunting and Fishing Areas - LA is big on this department

5. Quality of Festivals- I'm sorry, but New Orleans alone beats the entire state of Georgia in this category. Add in the rest of the festival around Louisiana and it's far beyond an overwhelming victory.

6. Hospitality- both states are excellent in this. Savanah in particular is extremely welcoming to guests.

7. Cost of living- LA

8. Culture- Again it is no contest, LA soundly beats GA in this category.

overall, I Find LA to be the more interesting state and give it the nod in the thread. They are very close in my book and the decision would be more clear if either state had a combination of a few things.

Take the amenities and size of Atlanta add in the beauty of Savannah, throw in the compactness, culture, and food of New Orleans and bam!!!!
Please for give some examples of nice places interesting places in LA.
Outside of Southern Louisiana ,there is nothing that interesting.for me
.I was stationed at Barksdale AFB and it was honestly one of the worse places I have ever been stationed.
I even Clovis New Mexico better.

It was boring and just flat,hot and humid.

You sell Georgia real short if you only thing see Savannah and Atlanta are the only interesting things,
Even within Atlanta metro its got so many towns and cities with dfernt things going on.

These are ust some of the interesting places and cities:
Amicola Falls
Helen-German theme mountain village/Octoberfest
Columbus-Civil War History,Naval Museum,Coca Cola Science Center,Aflac Headquarters,Infantry Museum on Ft ,Benning,Birthplace of Coca Cola
Warms Springs(Little White House where FDR lived and died)
Serenbe-New Urbanist Village.Self Sustaining community
Jekyll Island and the Golden Isles
St.Marys Island
Cumberland National Seashore
Dalonegha-First Gold Rush in AMerica.Used to be a mint there
Historic Westville
Providence Canyon(Little Grand Canyon)
Augusta-2 oldest city in GA.Beautiful architecture,J,ames Brown,Savannah River,Lady Antebellum
Macon-Little Richard,Otis Redding,The Allman Brothers,Jason Aldean and oh yeh,,Young "Jeezy"lol,Wesleyan College,Occumulge Native American Mounds.Air Force museum in nearby Warner Robins
Roswell
Woodstock
Rock Eagle
etc,etc,

As far as festivals go I don't think you know anything about Festivals in Georgia.Especially Atlanta.Not when you declare it not even close.Even if you prefer those in New Orleans you are way off about the sheer number and quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Georgia Or Louisiana??-amicola2.jpg   Georgia Or Louisiana??-columbu-ledger.jpg   Georgia Or Louisiana??-columbus-cc.jpg   Georgia Or Louisiana??-columbus-infantry.jpg   Georgia Or Louisiana??-columbus-rf.jpg  

Georgia Or Louisiana??-columbus-riverfront.jpg   Georgia Or Louisiana??-columbus.jpg   Georgia Or Louisiana??-macon-church.jpg   Georgia Or Louisiana??-pc1.jpg   Georgia Or Louisiana??-pc2.jpg  

Georgia Or Louisiana??-riverfront.jpg   Georgia Or Louisiana??-macon3.jpg   Georgia Or Louisiana??-macon2.jpg   Georgia Or Louisiana??-macn1.jpg   Georgia Or Louisiana??-ft.pulaski.jpg  

Old 06-05-2015, 11:40 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,800,948 times
Afonega this is just an opinion thread and I will leave it at just that. I am not trying to sell you anything, and I certainly know that you are not in the market to buy.

I will not be going back and forth with you. I don't want to, and you do already know that it won't change your opinion.

You do not find Louisiana interesting, I do respect that. Would you grant me the same, and respect my opinion even though it is different from your own?

Old 06-05-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
Afonega this is just an opinion thread and I will leave it at just that. I am not trying to sell you anything, and I certainly know that you are not in the market to buy.

I will not be going back and forth with you. I don't want to, and you do already know that it won't change your opinion.

You do not find Louisiana interesting, I do respect that. Would you grant me the same, and respect my opinion even though it is different from your own?
You don't know if it wont change my opinion.I accepted everything else you said.If someone says "I like the culture,history and food better" im not trying to ague that because its nothing to question.It just is.

You said " I have found Louisiana to have more interesting cities, history, culture and food."
I like to travel and if I'm near the area of a place you mention,ill check it out.

So what is the problem?I only asked about LA cities and why you thought the festivals were more interesting and appealing because I may have missed something if I'm curious to know what I missed.
Sorry i asked you for something you dont want to explain in a FORUM..

Last edited by afonega1; 06-05-2015 at 04:24 PM..

Old 06-05-2015, 04:27 PM

All I have heard in this thread is about New Orleans.We all know NOLA is great and for the culture,history and food but what about everywhere else in LA?
Can SOMEBODY please list some places of interest,cities and towns that make LA more interesting outside of NOLA and the Bayou?
Im really curious.

Old 06-06-2015, 11:40 AM

1,549 posts, read 1,062,714 times
I'm partial to Louisiana, as I visit there frequently, but both places have decent weather and a lot to offer.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:47 AM

1,076 posts, read 1,394,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
You have not taught me anything.I just dont care.I LOVE Georgia.Not everything about it but enough for me to WANT to stay.The fact that black people like myself are moving here in droves is KILLING you and it actually funny seeing how committed you are trying to male mountains out of mole hills ignoring other places with similar histories.histories. Thats just it.HISTORY.
You bring up Forsythe County in every damn post of Georgia which black population has grown 300%.You are the most dishonest poster on CD.
You have some serious issues.Stop derailing the thread.
The black population in Forsythe County has grown 300% but it's still only 3% black today. Black people moving to Georgia in droves is killing me...LOL !!! Nope, What's killing me is that black people in Georgia seem to be totally unaware that they simply switched one Confederate Flag for another in 2003 as the official state flag. Stop it lady. Atlanta has been for a long time, and still is today, the image conscious city in the country and you fit right in. Congrats!!!

Old 06-08-2015, 06:05 AM

1,076 posts, read 1,394,538 times
Smoke and mirrors ....SMH..the self proclaimed " Empire State of The South " while Georgia was actually " The Invisible Empire State of The South " in the 20th century. It isn't a coincident that Georgia led all states in lynchings during the 20th century with barbaric acts of violence by white racists that made those in Mississippi look civil. Mary Turner and that lynching rampage in Georgia ?

Old 06-08-2015, 07:13 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
The black population in Forsythe County has grown 300% but it's still only 3% black today. Black people moving to Georgia in droves is killing me...LOL !!! Nope, What's killing me is that black people in Georgia seem to be totally unaware that they simply switched one Confederate Flag for another in 2003 as the official state flag. Stop it lady. Atlanta has been for a long time, and still is today, the image conscious city in the country and you fit right in. Congrats!!!
Quote:
Smoke and mirrors ....SMH..the self proclaimed " Empire State of The South " while Georgia was actually " The Invisible Empire State of The South " in the 20th century. It isn't a coincident that Georgia led all states in lynchings during the 20th century with barbaric acts of violence by white racists that made those in Mississippi look civil. Mary Turner and that lynching rampage in Georgia ?
You should really let it go and move on.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:05 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,783,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
All I have heard in this thread is about New Orleans.We all know NOLA is great and for the culture,history and food but what about everywhere else in LA?
Can SOMEBODY please list some places of interest,cities and towns that make LA more interesting outside of NOLA and the Bayou?
Im really curious.
What makes Georgia so interesting aside from Savannah, St. Simons and the mountains? It works both ways, my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.