U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Georgia or Louisiana?
Georgia 48 66.67%
Louisiana 24 33.33%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 12:18 PM

9 posts, read 10,473 times

Advertisements

Based on the following criteria:

1. Weather
2. Crime
3. Nature
4. Hunting and Fishing Areas
5. Quality of Festivals
6. Hospitality
7. Cost of living
8. Culture

GO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 12:26 PM

18,453 posts, read 9,554,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiaonmymind6 View Post

1. Weather
2. Crime
3. Nature
5. Quality of Festivals
6. Hospitality
7. Cost of living
8. Culture

GO!
1. Weather - Georgia
2. Crime 0 Georgia
3. Nature Georgia
4. Hunting and Fishing Areas- Tie
5. Quality of Festivals - Louisiana
6. Hospitality - Tie
7. Cost of living - Louisiana
8. Culture - Louisiana

Old 05-16-2015, 03:14 PM

3,280 posts, read 3,830,230 times
I'd vote Georgia. Louisiana is more unique culturally, the Cajun element and all but Georgia seems more practical as a place to live.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:45 PM

1,874 posts, read 2,361,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiaonmymind6 View Post

1. Weather
2. Crime
3. Nature
5. Quality of Festivals
6. Hospitality
7. Cost of living
8. Culture

GO!
1. Weather- Georgia. Its cooler and less humid.
2. Crime- Georgia. Louisiana, especially South LA, has an infamous crime problem that we are still working on diminishing here.
3. Nature- Tie.
4. Hunting and Fishing Areas- Louisiana. We have some of the best fishing, hunting and array of game in the entire country. Hence the title, "Sportsman's Paradise"...which I've never been too fond of
5. Quality of Festivals- Louisiana, though GA is no sleeper.
6. Hospitality- Tie. Both are southern states with a high reputation for courtesy, friendliness, and...hospitality
7. Cost of living- Georgia.
8. Culture- Louisiana.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:06 PM

93 posts, read 75,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
I'd vote Georgia. Louisiana is more unique culturally, the Cajun element and all but Georgia seems more practical as a place to live.
What do you mean more practical to live? Like more cities/better economy?

Old 05-16-2015, 11:25 PM

287 posts, read 264,956 times
I think Georgia will win the poll based on having Atlanta but outside of Atlanta, Louisiana fares better I think.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:53 AM

4,471 posts, read 7,286,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj0065 View Post
I think Georgia will win the poll based on having Atlanta but outside of Atlanta, Louisiana fares better I think.
Aren't we forgetting Savannah?

Here is my (slightly) biased opinion as I am from Georgia and don't care too much for Louisiana:

1. Weather: Both are hot and humid, but GEORGIA takes this one due to elevation differences which means less humidity

2. Crime: Both need to work on their crime, but GEORGIA is better off in this category.

3. Nature: Again, GEORGIA has the elevation/mountains and coastal areas. More diverse in this area.

4. Hunting and Fishing Areas: Never personally hunted or fished there, but LOUISIANA is well known in this category.

5. Quality of Festivals: St. Patrick's in Savannah or Mardi Gras in New Orleans (among quite a few others in each state). TIE

6. Hospitality: My experience has been a friendlier GEORGIA. Others may disagree.

7. Cost of living: Lower cost of living goes to LOUISIANA

8. Culture: Not very specific, but due to its unique Cajun culture, I'll give this one to LOUISIANA

Old 05-17-2015, 08:25 PM

6,611 posts, read 6,922,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj0065 View Post
Georgia is MUCH more than just Atlanta...people who make this comment show how little they know about the state of Georgia. A few points of interest in GA: Athens, Brunswick, Savannah, Rome, the entire North Georgia Mountains and the Appalachian Trail, Okefenokee Swamp (think Everglades), the barrier islands, Warm Springs, the antebellum historic cities of Augusta and Macon, former state capital of Milledgeville, Statesboro (Georgia Southern University), and so on. It's just like any other state with interesting things to see and do.

Atlanta is obviously the economic engine of the state and has more than half of Georgia's population, but that doesn't mean that the remainder is wasteland.

Old 05-17-2015, 09:26 PM

14,151 posts, read 19,749,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Aren't we forgetting Savannah?

Here is my (slightly) biased opinion as I am from Georgia and don't care too much for Louisiana:

1. Weather: Both are hot and humid, but GEORGIA takes this one due to elevation differences which means less humidity

2. Crime: Both need to work on their crime, but GEORGIA is better off in this category.

3. Nature: Again, GEORGIA has the elevation/mountains and coastal areas. More diverse in this area.

4. Hunting and Fishing Areas: Never personally hunted or fished there, but LOUISIANA is well known in this category.

5. Quality of Festivals: St. Patrick's in Savannah or Mardi Gras in New Orleans (among quite a few others in each state). TIE

6. Hospitality: My experience has been a friendlier GEORGIA. Others may disagree.

7. Cost of living: Lower cost of living goes to LOUISIANA

8. Culture: Not very specific, but due to its unique Cajun culture, I'll give this one to LOUISIANA
Louisiana has the swamps which are far more unique than mountains. And I'm in Helen at the moment so I'm in the mountains. It's really beautiful though.

Festivals is pretty easily Louisiana.

Hospitality is a wash. New Orleans pretty much works off of hospitality soo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Georgia is MUCH more than just Atlanta...people who make this comment show how little they know about the state of Georgia. A few points of interest in GA: Athens, Brunswick, Savannah, Rome, the entire North Georgia Mountains and the Appalachian Trail, Okefenokee Swamp (think Everglades), the barrier islands, Warm Springs, the antebellum historic cities of Augusta and Macon, former state capital of Milledgeville, Statesboro (Georgia Southern University), and so on. It's just like any other state with interesting things to see and do.

Atlanta is obviously the economic engine of the state and has more than half of Georgia's population, but that doesn't mean that the remainder is wasteland.
He didn't say that Georgia is only Atlanta. I think people here know what you said, minus the mindlesss trolls.

Old 05-17-2015, 11:05 PM

287 posts, read 264,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post

I'm sure Georgia is more than just Atlanta but that doesn't mean what I said isn't true. Louisiana has just as many interesting places and things as Georgia yet it won't be judged fairly because people on city data will just say Georgia because they have preconceived notions of Louisiana and because it has Atlanta which is considered the top city of the south.

I'm just saying...when you look closely though Louisiana is much more unique, has much better food. It is more affordable. Louisiana has way more festivals year round. Hunting and fishing I'm not sure. Louisiana is known as "Sportsman's Paradise". Not sure about GA in that category.

1. Weather- GA
2. Crime- GA
3. Nature- Louisiana
4. Hunting and Fishing Areas- Tie?
5. Quality of Festivals- Louisiana
6. Hospitality- Tie?
7. Cost of living- Louisiana
8. Culture- Louisiana

If you look at the poll it looks like GA blows Louisiana out of the water for these categories when its really not like that at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or