U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-20-2015, 03:00 AM
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
88 posts, read 127,548 times
Reputation: 121

Advertisements

We're almost to the middle of the year and I'd like to know how many murders has your city seen up to date in 2015?

For instance:

Los Angeles City - 92 (L.A. City: Victims in 2015 - Los Angeles Murders and Homicides - The Homicide Report - Los Angeles Times)
Baltimore - 96 (Baltimore Homicides - baltimoresun.com)

I also read in an article somewhere that Detroit was at only 40 as of 5/18/15 and I almost couldn't believe it. Include a source with your numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-20-2015, 08:17 AM
 
Location: DC
2,044 posts, read 2,286,566 times
Reputation: 1777
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronG1221 View Post
We're almost to the middle of the year and I'd like to know how many murders has your city seen up to date in 2015?

For instance:

Los Angeles City - 92 (L.A. City: Victims in 2015 - Los Angeles Murders and Homicides - The Homicide Report - Los Angeles Times)
Baltimore - 96 (Baltimore Homicides - baltimoresun.com)

I also read in an article somewhere that Detroit was at only 40 as of 5/18/15 and I almost couldn't believe it. Include a source with your numbers.
LA is a city of nearly 4 million people, so that is actually pretty good in terms of data.
Baltimore is a city of 622,000 so that is HORRIBLE. 1/3 of that number was in the last month. Baltimore is actually getting worse.

DC is a city of 658,000 - 44 homicides, which is about on par with where we usually are this time of year. For the last five years where we have been around 100 a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2015, 08:50 AM
 
Location: London, UK
3,458 posts, read 4,004,613 times
Reputation: 2661
Boston: 9 (2015 murders in Boston | Universal Hub)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2015, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
8,702 posts, read 11,922,865 times
Reputation: 3574
Philadelpha: 87

Not great, but better than it's been in recent years.

Crime Maps & Stats | Philadelphia Police Department
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2015, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
88 posts, read 127,548 times
Reputation: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictSonic View Post
LA is a city of nearly 4 million people, so that is actually pretty good in terms of data.
Baltimore is a city of 622,000 so that is HORRIBLE. 1/3 of that number was in the last month. Baltimore is actually getting worse.

DC is a city of 658,000 - 44 homicides, which is about on par with where we usually are this time of year. For the last five years where we have been around 100 a year.
Yup, correct on all statements. I didn't know DC had a larger population than Baltimore now either, wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2015, 09:06 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, New York
3,735 posts, read 3,847,195 times
Reputation: 3560
NYC is not having a good year, its at 109 as of May 10th. A lot of it has to do with current mayoral idiotic leadership when it comes to police...
Nevertheless, the rate is still better than a lot of cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2015, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Portland, OR
45 posts, read 43,291 times
Reputation: 91
Portland, OR from Jan to April, 2015: 32

CrimeStats and Neighborhood Crime Statistics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2015, 10:35 AM
 
Location: the future
1,817 posts, read 3,433,767 times
Reputation: 837
Default boredatwork

Baltimore might be murder capitol this year. Where St. Louis at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2015, 10:38 AM
 
Location: a bar
2,565 posts, read 5,050,355 times
Reputation: 2643
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseLineRoad View Post
Portland, OR from Jan to April, 2015: 32

CrimeStats and Neighborhood Crime Statistics
I'm surprised Portland is so high. Is this the norm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2015, 11:25 AM
 
Location: St. Louis
2,483 posts, read 2,223,013 times
Reputation: 2353
Chicago (as of 5/18): 141
http://homicides.redeyechicago.com/date/2015/

St. Louis (as of 5/19): 64
http://www.slmpd.org/images/Homicide...or_Website.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top