U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 07:51 PM

5,552 posts, read 6,981,927 times

Advertisements

[quote=mjlo;39717232

I have always had a very favorable impression of the Michigan state police because they do not do this, and often seem to spend more time helping people than creating speed traps.[/quote]

Totally untrue. Michigan state cops do nothing but point radar and laser guns at drivers. All of the remaining traffic laws are ignored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 03:39 AM

13,220 posts, read 17,960,186 times
The Pennsylvania State Police were the first uniformed state police force in the United States, and today are the largest internationally accredited law enforcement agency in the world. State troopers in Pennsylvania are required to attend weekly training sessions to stay sharp. They're also the only police force allowed by Pennsylvania law to run radar, so speed enforcement isn't quite as overbearing as it is in nearby states like Ohio, Maryland or Virginia.

Old 09-01-2016, 08:24 PM

4 posts, read 2,652 times
Probably not the #1 or 2, but my vote for one of the worst cops is Texas, cops there B***h about little things such as not changing your address on your drivers license immediately, forgetting to turn on your headlights for even one-tenth of a mile, and some other small but no so dangerous stuff etc. They are racist, especially among black guys regardless of age or background, in addition when they pull you over for even such moving violations (not going 20 mph below posted speed limit near stationary emergency vehicle, or failure to yield) they be having a temper tantrum with you like they are going to hit you.

Now I must say that I am not that type of person who carries that anti-police/cop hater mentality, I am not against police, and believe that we need still them to try to serve and protect, even in areas where they have been frown upon which are typical communities of color, but when I see a series of cops creating a pattern which is inconsistent of the position they hold, the stage gets set for negative perceptions of police/law enforcement, abuse of power, police intentionally putting themselves in a situation where suspects fire back at them, and police mistrust. It is these thing that help me distinguish the difference between good and bad cops.

Old 09-01-2016, 08:27 PM

345 posts, read 336,237 times
take Tennessee out. the MNPD is by far the coolest police department that i know. extremely chill. Also memphis and chat/knox has nice police departments too.

Old 09-01-2016, 08:33 PM

6,060 posts, read 3,386,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb3202 View Post
Probably not the #1 or 2, but my vote for one of the worst cops is Texas, cops there B***h about little things such as not changing your address on your drivers license immediately, forgetting to turn on your headlights for even one-tenth of a mile, and some other small but no so dangerous stuff etc. They are racist, especially among black guys regardless of age or background, in addition when they pull you over for even such moving violations (not going 20 mph below posted speed limit near stationary emergency vehicle, or failure to yield) they be having a temper tantrum with you like they are going to hit you.

Now I must say that I am not that type of person who carries that anti-police/cop hater mentality, I am not against police, and believe that we need still them to try to serve and protect, even in areas where they have been frown upon which are typical communities of color, but when I see a series of cops creating a pattern which is inconsistent of the position they hold, the stage gets set for negative perceptions of police/law enforcement, abuse of power, police intentionally putting themselves in a situation where suspects fire back at them, and police mistrust. It is these thing that help me distinguish the difference between good and bad cops.

On the contrary, I've met some extremely nice and lenient cops here. Maybe its the city you've been in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or