U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If $$$ and income were not an issue, would you choose San Diego or Miami?
San Diego 33 61.11%
Miami 21 38.89%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 07:35 AM

1,699 posts, read 1,600,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Minimalize all you want, but this is beyond ridiculous.

Anyone that's been to both knows the truth, and San Diego blows Miami (and most East Coast cities) away in this category.
I lived in San Diego for 3 years, I know her weaknesses and strengths. You can believe what you want, but I can tell from your comment re Mexican food your experience with San Diego is minimal to nonexistent. That's what every tourist thinks, San Diego has good Mexican food. Maybe they assume that because San Diego is close to the border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 07:42 AM

1,750 posts, read 1,634,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
It does not take a poll on City-Data to know San Diego is perennially on the "best of" lists for larger U.S. cities with regards to overall quality of life. Miami not as much.

The Mediterranean climate of So.Calif. alone is almost enough to put S.D. over Miami. The comfortable climate of San Diego is preferred by far more people than Miami's warm, humid climate. I understand that is YOUR preference but it is a fact that most people would take SD's climate in a second over Miami's (cold Pacific Ocean notwithstanding).
Comfy climate preferred by far more people? Like the dude said, where? On CD?

If someone is outdoorsy, nature buff etc.. Miami offers better weather for that (given both cities are coastal, you can take advantage of the ocean more in Miami). The water stays warm for snorkeling/scuba/other watersports throughout the year. In SD, you probably need a thick wetsuit or dry suit from Sept to June. Try forking out a couple grand to be comfy in SD waters.

Btw, I don't live in Miami.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:43 AM

In San Diego, there was a year I never entered the ocean due to the ocean being too cold. And this was me, having my place right on the ocean with my private beach. I would just lay on the beach, and read. But stick my foot in? Not at all.

Here in Miami Beach, I go almost everyday.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:47 AM

1,750 posts, read 1,634,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
In San Diego, there was a year I never entered the ocean due to the ocean being too cold. And this was me, having my place right on the ocean with my private beach. I would just lay on the beach, and read. But stick my foot in? Not at all.

Here in Miami Beach, I go almost everyday.
I know, I have a friend who scuba dove there a few years back and he said he froze his behind off in a 7mm wetsuit.. most serious divers use dry suits in Southern CA. Of course people here will tell you all kinds of stories..

Old 05-28-2015, 07:50 AM

5,301 posts, read 3,518,836 times
Quote:
I lived in San Diego for 3 years, I know her weaknesses and strengths. You can believe what you want, but I can tell from your comment re Mexican food your experience with San Diego is minimal to nonexistent. That's what every tourist thinks, San Diego has good Mexican food. Maybe they assume that because San Diego is close to the border.
So because I have a more realistic opinion than you do re: Mexican food in San Diego, you suspect I've never been there? LOL!

What exactly do they put in the water in Miami?

Old 05-28-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
So because I have a more realistic opinion than you do re: Mexican food in San Diego, you suspect I've never been there? LOL!

What exactly do they put in the water in Miami?
Let's put it this way, I've eaten better Mexican food in Chicago than San Diego. I'm not going to sit here and tell that Miami has good Mexican food, more that both are rather weak in that regard. And this comes from a native of Los Angeles who knows his Mexican food, better than some Atlanta guy who probably thinks a burrito with guacamole and french fries is good Mexican cuisine.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Let's put it this way, I've eaten better Mexican food in Chicago than San Diego. I'm not going to sit here and tell that Miami has good Mexican food, more that both are rather weak in that regard. And this comes from a native of Los Angeles who knows his Mexican food, better than some Atlanta guy who probably thinks a burrito with guacamole and french fries is good Mexican cuisine.
And now the insults begin....

It's pretty obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about here.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
And now the insults begin....

It's pretty obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about here.
Atlanta poster, you're out of your depth on this. If we're talking country fried steak, grits and okra please give your opinion.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Atlanta poster, you're out of your depth on this. If we're talking country fried steak, grits and okra please give your opinion.
And you stick to plantains, black beans and rice.

You clearly aren't qualified to speak with any authority here.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
And you stick to plantains, black beans and rice.

You clearly aren't qualified to speak with any authority here.
Nope, I just lived in San Diego for 3 years. You on the other hand stayed in a Holiday Inn in Atlanta and had a taco at south of the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or