U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which major city has the worst overall weather in the U.S.
Seattle 31 8.47%
San Francisco 9 2.46%
San Diego 7 1.91%
Minneapolis 101 27.60%
Oklahoma City 50 13.66%
Houston 72 19.67%
Phoenix 54 14.75%
Other major city in the continuous U.S. 42 11.48%
Voters: 366. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 10:31 AM

21,319 posts, read 21,886,413 times

Advertisements

I actually take grreat pride whenever I see that Minnesota has claimed another, Lower 48 low temp of the day on the weather summaries, tho it's nice that those lows are often occurring a couple hundred miles away. I also like the likely image of these wussies peeing their pants with just the thought of a below 32 degree temp fracturing their fragile shell of existence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 10:41 AM

6,954 posts, read 9,049,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
I don't answer inane direct messages from people who annoy me. Sorry.
LOL, so people who have a different opinion annoy you.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:00 AM

21,319 posts, read 21,886,413 times
^like a moth to a flame

Old 02-16-2016, 11:20 AM

6,853 posts, read 7,801,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I actually take grreat pride whenever I see that Minnesota has claimed another, Lower 48 low temp of the day on the weather summaries, tho it's nice that those lows are often occurring a couple hundred miles away. I also like the likely image of these wussies peeing their pants with just the thought of a below 32 degree temp fracturing their fragile shell of existence.
My SIL from South Carolina visited us a couple of years back on Halloween weekend. One evening we saw her shivering when the temps dipped into the 50s. We asked why she didn't bring her heavy jacket. Her reply: "I did!"

Old 02-16-2016, 12:13 PM

5,286 posts, read 4,159,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Well, can we send you back some of these snowbird wussies who start whining and become pathetic vegetables every time it gets above 85 degrees down here?

Old 02-16-2016, 02:48 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,346,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I would replace San Diego with Washington DC.
DC isn't that bad, San Diego should be replaced with Buffalo.

Old 02-16-2016, 05:49 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,195,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
No, differing opinions are fine. It's people who are smug, condescending, and have a warrantless air of superiority (while having little to no familiarity with the subjects they discuss) who irritate me.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:04 PM

3,562 posts, read 2,582,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Minneapolis boosters have a hard time conceding anything. Including the city's god awful weather. Literally 6 months out of the year their average temperature does not break 60 degrees

7 months out of the year the average low is under 40. With Feb's average low being 12 degrees. 12 DEGREES

Now, if you are a hepster with NO DAY JOB, then sure maybe the climate is for you.

But for those of us with actual day jobs (sic: legitimate careers) it would a miserable place to exist.

Half the year it is cold as hell when you get up and go to work and cold as hell when you get off. With most of the "sun" not even taken advantage of because you are at work.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:17 PM

2,601 posts, read 4,071,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Minneapolis boosters have a hard time conceding anything. Including the city's god awful weather. Literally 6 months out of the year their average temperature does not break 60 degrees

7 months out of the year the average low is under 40. With Feb's average low being 12 degrees. 12 DEGREES

Now, if you are a hepster with NO DAY JOB, then sure maybe the climate is for you.

But for those of us with actual day jobs (sic: legitimate careers) it would a miserable place to exist.

Half the year it is cold as hell when you get up and go to work and cold as hell when you get off. With most of the "sun" not even taken advantage of because you are at work.
https://www.currentresults.com/Weath...th-average.php

https://www.currentresults.com/Weath...th-average.php

Not picking on Denver here, but an interesting comparison for this poster. Eight months out of the year, Denver has a colder average low than Minneapolis. I'm sure there are more facts out there that I could share. Just showing that it's not always that cold. Wizard has a thing against the Midwest....take all Wizard's posts with a grain of salt.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:25 PM

6,954 posts, read 9,049,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
Eight months out of the year, Denver has a colder average low than Minneapolis.
12 months out of the year, Denver has a warmer average high than Minneapolis (significantly higher in the winter months).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or