Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which major city has the worst overall weather in the U.S.
Seattle 31 8.42%
San Francisco 10 2.72%
San Diego 7 1.90%
Minneapolis 102 27.72%
Oklahoma City 50 13.59%
Houston 72 19.57%
Phoenix 54 14.67%
Other major city in the continuous U.S. 42 11.41%
Voters: 368. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 08:28 PM

196 posts, read 198,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Phoenix is more comfortable to me and it's not close.

That is because humidity is not comfortable to me.

I don't understand why it is a difficult concept for you. I do not care which one had a higher great index. They had zero meaning to me. None at all.

I do not care which one is "hotter". I care about humidity.

I prefer the dry heat over humid heat. It is more comfortable to me. May not be for everyone, but it is for me.

You do not get to tell others what they enjoy or find more comfortable.

A personal preference is nothing you can every be "right " about.
Again, even with Houston's humidity factored in, the heat of Phoenix will STILL feel more overbearing than that of Houston's. Don't let the humidity boogie-man scare you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 08:32 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,219,584 times
Again, I simply do not care..... Houston is unbearably humid to me which makes it unlivable in the summer, while I get by in Phoenix just fine

No amount of blather can change that

Feel free to keep trying though, it is kind of amusing ....

Maybe I'll blow your mind further and let you know I prefer summer in Denver more than summer in Rochester NY, Minneapolis or Philadelphia and I didn't even check a heat index table to determine that

Old 02-17-2016, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Again, I simply do not care..... Houston is unbearably humid to me which makes it unlivable in the summer, while I get by in Phoenix just fine

No amount of blather can change that

Feel free to keep trying though, it is kind of amusing ....

Maybe I'll blow your mind further and let you know I prefer summer in Denver more than summer in Rochester NY, Minneapolis or Philadelphia and I didn't even check a heat index table to determine that
Has the humidity boogie-man been haunting your dreams?

Old 02-17-2016, 09:23 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,219,584 times
Not since I've moved to Phoenix.

Cool, comfortable sleep without any of that humid stickiness ..... It's beautiful

Old 02-17-2016, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Not since I've moved to Phoenix.

Cool, comfortable sleep without any of that humid stickiness ..... It's beautiful
Only Lucifer himself would say such nonsense.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:08 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,471,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finger laker View Post
not since i've moved to phoenix.

amen!

Old 02-17-2016, 10:17 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,437,252 times
Humidity is hell. I dont how people can like it. The body STRUGGLES to cool down in that weather. What does that tell you?

California's weather is so much more comfortable. There are some days with humidity, and it sucks like anywhere else. Thank God those days are few.

Old 02-17-2016, 11:31 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,471,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.I.0.N.I.C. View Post
Only Lucifer himself would say such nonsense.
Lucifer and all of these people..Phoenix in early summer months(scottsdale) Which city has the WORST weather overall weather?-summer-phoenix.jpg

Any who I stand by my statement that none of these cities have the worst climate overall in the USA, not even minneapolis...well maybe.

Last edited by i'm not a cookie; 02-17-2016 at 11:45 PM..

Old 02-18-2016, 06:26 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,307,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.I.0.N.I.C. View Post
Again, even with Houston's humidity factored in, the heat of Phoenix will STILL feel more overbearing than that of Houston's. Don't let the humidity boogie-man scare you.
I respectfully disagree with this too. We lived in Phoenix during the summer months and yes, of course it was hot, but it didn't feel as bad as we were warned that it would. You avoid the sun in the middle of the day and by evening it has cooled down to about 95 degrees which somehow actually feels temperate, probably because of the lack of humidity. We went for walks in the evening in the summer and it was perfect.

OTOH, I have been to Florida and Charleston, SC in the summer and it almost felt difficult to breathe because of the dense humidity in the air. We get humidity in the summer here in Michigan, but not the kind of "I feel like I have a hot, wet towel over my face" humidity that we have experinced in the Southeast in the summertime.

I love both areas and would not let the summer weather stop me if I wanted to move to either area, just as the cold winter weather does not keep me from loving Michigan, I'm just saying that for us the dry heat felt much more tolerable than the wet heat.

Last edited by canudigit; 02-18-2016 at 07:17 AM..

Old 02-18-2016, 07:26 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,786,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy K View Post
Humidity is hell. I dont how people can like it. The body STRUGGLES to cool down in that weather. What does that tell you?.
It tells me to drink more water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.