Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which major city has the worst overall weather in the U.S.
Seattle 31 8.42%
San Francisco 10 2.72%
San Diego 7 1.90%
Minneapolis 102 27.72%
Oklahoma City 50 13.59%
Houston 72 19.57%
Phoenix 54 14.67%
Other major city in the continuous U.S. 42 11.41%
Voters: 368. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 02:04 AM

196 posts, read 198,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy K View Post
It's not what I say, it's what it is.
I lived in two humid places for almost my entire life. I know what it's like. And humidity is suffocating more than anything
. Those thunderstorms make it worse.
Now I live in a place with more of a dry heat.
Either way, California weather is more comfortable for the vast majority of people.
As long as you have a well-developed, soaking thunderstorm, then you will get dramatic relief from heat and humidity before the rain even shows up; the outflow boundary from the sea-breeze thunderstorms brings powerful gusts that completely cool down the atmosphere. The cool down is marked; temps can drop from the upper 90s to lower 70s in less than 10 minutes. After the spectacular soaking, with awesome lightning, the clouds hang around, covering the sun, preventing the heat from coming up; often times, the time of the storm can be such that the clouds hang around for the rest of the day, and into night fall.

If a thunderstorm is present during morning in Houston/Coastal South, then the entire day will occur without the sun's heat, and the high temp for that day can be as low as the mid 70F range.

California is comfortable only for specific groups of people; other groups of people like warm humid climates, as seen in the Southeastern USA.

Quote:
California doesn't lack in attractive women the slightest so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Phoenix has more stunning women than most of the East coast cities. It's basically an extension of socal.
Not saying that California lacks attractive women, just saying that the humidity keeps the body looking youthful, and thus the women are more luscious, complete with strong definition (both in front and behind). Also, given all the stigma of how oppressive humidity is, people, upon experiencing such conditions, try to dress as lightly as possible, and so the women are going to be showing more skin...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 06:05 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,258,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
I'm originally from the east and when I moved to Phoenix I was stunned by how beautiful the woman were, and this is coming from someone who isn't sexually attracted to woman.
After three or four summers, however, the sun starts to take its toll.

Ms. Senior Arizona Pageant to be Held Saturday and, Yes, There's an Evening Gown Presentation | Phoenix New Times

Old 02-19-2016, 08:20 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,437,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.I.0.N.I.C. View Post
As long as you have a well-developed, soaking thunderstorm, then you will get dramatic relief from heat and humidity before the rain even shows up; the outflow boundary from the sea-breeze thunderstorms brings powerful gusts that completely cool down the atmosphere. The cool down is marked; temps can drop from the upper 90s to lower 70s in less than 10 minutes. After the spectacular soaking, with awesome lightning, the clouds hang around, covering the sun, preventing the heat from coming up; often times, the time of the storm can be such that the clouds hang around for the rest of the day, and into night fall.

If a thunderstorm is present during morning in Houston/Coastal South, then the entire day will occur without the sun's heat, and the high temp for that day can be as low as the mid 70F range.

California is comfortable only for specific groups of people; other groups of people like warm humid climates, as seen in the Southeastern USA.

Not saying that California lacks attractive women, just saying that the humidity keeps the body looking youthful, and thus the women are more luscious, complete with strong definition (both in front and behind). Also, given all the stigma of how oppressive humidity is, people, upon experiencing such conditions, try to dress as lightly as possible, and so the women are going to be showing more skin...
You're kidding yourself if you think more people enjoy the south's weather over coastal California.

When people talk about great weather California comes up the most often. A small minority likes humidity.
When I was in DC and Chicago I don't remember anyone saying how much they enjoyed those muggy days. It was more complaining.

The just put up with it .

Old 02-19-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
You clearly have no clue what you are talking about nor have you ever been to scottsdale. I'm originally from the east and when I moved to Phoenix I was stunned by how beautiful the woman were, and this is coming from someone who isn't sexually attracted to woman. Over 1 in 9 people from PHX area are from california also. If you don't believe me look at this video of Phoenix/scottsdale women...way better than east coast LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENMolpRefwk
He usually doesn't know what he's talking about.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:42 AM

32 posts, read 26,650 times
Quote:
I lived in Chicago for ten years and DC for 19.

I was hoping you were 10 to explain your posts, I guess that can't be used anymore

Old 02-19-2016, 08:43 AM

Don't be mad you live in Florida dude.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:44 AM

I'd be bitter too.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:44 AM

32 posts, read 26,650 times
Quote:
Don't be mad you live in Florida dude.
I'm not mad, I'm happy. I moved from Los Angeles to Miami to enjoy what Miami has to offer. When I get bored of Miami I can just move back to Los Angeles.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:05 PM

196 posts, read 198,599 times
Quote:
You're kidding yourself if you think more people enjoy the south's weather over coastal California.

When people talk about great weather California comes up the most often. A small minority likes humidity.
When I was in DC and Chicago I don't remember anyone saying how much they enjoyed those muggy days. It was more complaining.

The just put up with it .
The preference for the Med climate is pretty much an American phenomenon; go to Australia, South Africa, South America, etc, you don't see people going crazy over the Med climates in those regions. Instead, they see it as just another great climate.

In the same way, I find the Med climate a great climate, along with the humid climate of the Southeast. Both are ideal to the other climates of the US, and both offer great weather, but in different ways.

Old 02-19-2016, 04:04 PM

That maybe so but in what countries do they go crazy over humid climates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.