U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which major city has the worst overall weather in the U.S.
Seattle 31 8.47%
San Francisco 9 2.46%
San Diego 7 1.91%
Minneapolis 101 27.60%
Oklahoma City 50 13.66%
Houston 72 19.67%
Phoenix 54 14.75%
Other major city in the continuous U.S. 42 11.48%
Voters: 366. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-20-2016, 09:42 PM
 
Location: Center City
6,852 posts, read 7,799,244 times
Reputation: 9469

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.I.0.N.I.C. View Post
Why stop at Philly for that, when you can go to places like Boston, or other parts of New England that have even more defined four-seasons?

By Koppen Classification, even Philadelphia is considered humid subtropical, the same climate zone Houston, and the coastal South is in (albeit on the colder end of that spectrum).
Lol - I can assure you the weather here is thankfully different from that in Houston, climate models aside.

As for why we stopped at Philly: It had pretty much the right over all package of qualities we were looking for.

Last edited by Pine to Vine; 02-20-2016 at 09:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-20-2016, 10:05 PM
 
Location: Aurora, CO
6,557 posts, read 10,264,564 times
Reputation: 9796
Quote:
Originally Posted by ialmostforgot View Post
But Denver has high diurnal ranges... either way more snow is more snow, though Minneapolis has a longer winter.
Had to check the stats because I didn't think the two cities were noticeably different in the amount of snow they both get. Denver averages just under 54" of snow per year, and the Twin Cities a little over 54".

With the large temperature swings Denver's overnight lows in the winter are higher that Minneapolis's, and the dry air means cool, brisk summer nights where you can leave your windows open even in July and August.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2016, 02:22 AM
 
Location: Seattle
6,951 posts, read 9,046,715 times
Reputation: 3783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty-Mill View Post
People from the Midwest exaggerate how bad the weather is. Denver gets more snow on average the Minneapolis.
But it is also much warmer all year. It just has big temperature swings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2016, 03:58 PM
 
Location: CA, NC, and currently FL
366 posts, read 298,726 times
Reputation: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
You clearly have no clue what you are talking about nor have you ever been to scottsdale. I'm originally from the east and when I moved to Phoenix I was stunned by how beautiful the woman were, and this is coming from someone who isn't sexually attracted to woman. Over 1 in 9 people from PHX area are from california also. If you don't believe me look at this video of Phoenix/scottsdale women...way better than east coast LOL.
Let me get this straight, you say Phoenix has better looking women than everywhere in the east coast and I'm the one that has no clue about what I'm talking about? LOL. I'm not sure if all the sunlight in Phoenix affects with one's ability in regards to logical thinking but some truly inane logic there. And on top it off he posts a youtube video for his reasoning...

What is even the logic for saying a quintessential bland suburbia and retirement town like Phoenix/Scottsdale has better looking women than all of the east coast? Doesn't even make any sense. And so what if 1/9 are from California? I'm actually originally from Southern California, and I can tell you it's one of most overrated places in the world for attractive women. Maybe you shouldn't be rating women if you are not attracted to them, because you have a really bad taste in them, imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy K View Post
He usually doesn't know what he's talking about.
I don't have an anal homer attitude like you but I try my best to be objective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2016, 04:21 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles,CA & Scottsdale, AZ
1,934 posts, read 1,700,423 times
Reputation: 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneKane View Post
Let me get this straight, you say Phoenix has better looking women than everywhere in the east coast and I'm the one that has no clue about what I'm talking about? LOL. I'm not sure if all the sunlight in Phoenix affects with one's ability in regards to logical thinking but some truly inane logic there. And on top it off he posts a youtube video for his reasoning...

[What is even the logic for saying a quintessential bland suburbia and retirement town like Phoenix/Scottsdale has better looking women than all of the east coast? Doesn't even make any sense. And so what if 1/9 are from California? I'm actually originally from Southern California, and I can tell you it's one of most overrated places in the world for attractive women. Maybe you shouldn't be rating women if you are not attracted to them, because you have a really bad taste in them, imho.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Not better than everywhere on the east, but it is known as a city with very attractive women. I'm not sure where you got that statement "better than every woman on the east coast" because those words never left my mouth. Just take visit to scottsdale before you say things that just make you sound silly.....also ohhhh boy your last comment just made me :. Thank you for your honest opinion as you put it, but if you think that just because of someones sexuality they can not comment or even tell if a woman is good looking then you might want to reconsider a few things about your personal character. This exchange has totally derailed the point of the thread so I'm done, no sense in even carrying on this conversation we clearly are different people, adios.

Last edited by i'm not a cookie; 02-21-2016 at 04:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2016, 04:28 PM
 
Location: CA, NC, and currently FL
366 posts, read 298,726 times
Reputation: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Just take visit to scottsdale before you say things that just make you sound ignorant.....also ohhhh boy your last comment just made me no sense in even carrying on this conversation we clearly are different people, adios.
I wouldn't have gotten involved if I had never been there. Your mind reading abilities are as bad as your ability to make logical arguments.

Yes, we are different people, and I would have respected your opinion if you weren't so childish and disrespectful about it, but since you were, I don't exactly regret pointing out how horrid of a taste I consider you to have in this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2016, 06:07 PM
 
1,687 posts, read 988,804 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneKane View Post
Let me get this straight, you say Phoenix has better looking women than everywhere in the east coast and I'm the one that has no clue about what I'm talking about? LOL. I'm not sure if all the sunlight in Phoenix affects with one's ability in regards to logical thinking but some truly inane logic there. And on top it off he posts a youtube video for his reasoning...

What is even the logic for saying a quintessential bland suburbia and retirement town like Phoenix/Scottsdale has better looking women than all of the east coast? Doesn't even make any sense. And so what if 1/9 are from California? I'm actually originally from Southern California, and I can tell you it's one of most overrated places in the world for attractive women. Maybe you shouldn't be rating women if you are not attracted to them, because you have a really bad taste in them, imho.



I don't have an anal homer attitude like you but I try my best to be objective.
I'm from the east coast. Don't try to tell me how amazing the women are compared to California.
That's a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2016, 06:21 PM
 
Location: CA, NC, and currently FL
366 posts, read 298,726 times
Reputation: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy K View Post
I'm from the east coast. Don't try to tell me how amazing the women are compared to California.
That's a joke.
You say you are from/lived in a bunch of places. Too bad what you display for just about every place is so...silly.

If it's a joke to you, then knowledgeable people must take it seriously .Technically I wasn't even trying to compare, but ok, it was obvious that you were going to focus on the California part lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2016, 06:46 PM
 
1,687 posts, read 988,804 times
Reputation: 327
And what exactly did I say anything about Chicago that was silly?
It's my second favorite place.

I'm pretty sure most "knowledgeable" people wouldn't take your comment seriously. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2016, 07:05 PM
 
32 posts, read 20,177 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy K View Post
And what exactly did I say anything about Chicago that was silly?
It's my second favorite place.

I'm pretty sure most "knowledgeable" people wouldn't take your comment seriously. .
Chicago is not the East Coast, and I agree women from Chicago are not on par with women from Phoenix. However, women from NYC, Miami, and Atlanta are, if not better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top