U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which major city has the worst overall weather in the U.S.
Seattle 31 8.47%
San Francisco 9 2.46%
San Diego 7 1.91%
Minneapolis 101 27.60%
Oklahoma City 50 13.66%
Houston 72 19.67%
Phoenix 54 14.75%
Other major city in the continuous U.S. 42 11.48%
Voters: 366. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-02-2018, 11:07 AM
 
Location: Washington Park, Denver
6,957 posts, read 6,566,167 times
Reputation: 7465

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
OKC is pretty much the worst place to live in North America, period. The weather is a big part of that. There is absolutely no positive attributes to the climate here.

The reason it probably has less votes is because it's a small, out of the way metro that most people on here have probably never been to. Houston and Phoenix on the other hand are much more well known.
That does sound pretty horrible. Never been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-02-2018, 11:34 AM
 
7,598 posts, read 9,457,529 times
Reputation: 8962
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I would take a job in another country if my only two options were Miami and Houston based on climate alone.
Yes, I would probably rather live in Canada than set up shop in either of those two cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2018, 01:28 PM
 
Location: East Tennessee and Atlanta
3,674 posts, read 8,778,157 times
Reputation: 2508
Out of this list, I voted Minneapolis, due to the pretty brutal, extremely cold winters.

Chicago, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Buffalo, Boston, DC, etc, should be included.

Why include San Diego? The weather there is near perfect year-round, and the poll results pretty much reveals that. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2018, 01:29 PM
 
Location: Nashville TN, Cincinnati, OH
1,798 posts, read 1,165,285 times
Reputation: 2321
Southern cities have bad summer weather and that is good we are never as overcrowded as cities like LA and SF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2018, 03:37 PM
 
24 posts, read 7,098 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Why include San Diego? The weather there is near perfect year-round, and the poll results pretty much reveals that. LOL
It's probably used as a control/baseline lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2018, 09:22 PM
 
Location: IN
20,852 posts, read 35,970,544 times
Reputation: 13304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Out of this list, I voted Minneapolis, due to the pretty brutal, extremely cold winters.

Chicago, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Buffalo, Boston, DC, etc, should be included.

Why include San Diego? The weather there is near perfect year-round, and the poll results pretty much reveals that. LOL
Sun angle is much too strong in San Diego, the mildest temperatures with appropriate sun angle at a lower angle are further north well above the latitude line of California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2018, 10:23 AM
 
1,310 posts, read 1,205,866 times
Reputation: 3103
Well, it is much cooler in Houston today, only going up to 81. Unfortunately is is raining. Some parts of town have 6 to 7 inches today, still raining at the rate of 2 to 3 inches an hour in many areas. Flash flood watches and warning, a few water rescues ongoing per the HFD website, though not in the news yet. A few roads closed. It may rain every day until next Monday, with highs in the low 90s. It is expected to cool off sometime in about 80 or 90 days from now (highs below 90, lows below 70). Hurricane season will be over in about 120 days, so that will be one less concern come November, although still could get tropical storms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2018, 09:33 PM
 
Location: Washington State desert
5,552 posts, read 3,707,108 times
Reputation: 4152
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
OKC is pretty much the worst place to live in North America, period. The weather is a big part of that. There is absolutely no positive attributes to the climate here.

The reason it probably has less votes is because it's a small, out of the way metro that most people on here have probably never been to. Houston and Phoenix on the other hand are much more well known.
That is a bold statement. I lived in OKC for a year many years ago and didn't think it was the "worst place to live in North America, period".

Instead, I found many sunny days, a four season climate (yes it did snow a couple of days), and the humidity was intermittent, not constant. I actually enjoyed the thunderstorms!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2018, 05:00 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma
6,868 posts, read 6,199,647 times
Reputation: 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
That is a bold statement. I lived in OKC for a year many years ago and didn't think it was the "worst place to live in North America, period".

Instead, I found many sunny days, a four season climate (yes it did snow a couple of days), and the humidity was intermittent, not constant. I actually enjoyed the thunderstorms!
I was surprised to find how high OKC was ranked on those tables that rank cities by the hours or days of sunshine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2018, 06:34 AM
BMI
 
Location: Ontario
7,265 posts, read 4,509,305 times
Reputation: 5622
Houston

Humidity to the power of ten....

roaches so big they have their own zip code.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top