Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which major city has the worst overall weather in the U.S.
Seattle 31 8.42%
San Francisco 10 2.72%
San Diego 7 1.90%
Minneapolis 102 27.72%
Oklahoma City 50 13.59%
Houston 72 19.57%
Phoenix 54 14.67%
Other major city in the continuous U.S. 42 11.41%
Voters: 368. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 08:10 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,424,277 times

Advertisements

"Chicago isn't the east coast"

Thanks Captain Obvious.

I mentioned I'm from the east coast several times. I just spent time in Chicago. All the dumb "homer" comments make no sense, since DC is really home. I just prefer LA/California.

Chicago women beat most east coast cities anyway.

Last edited by Freddy K; 02-21-2016 at 08:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 08:36 PM

32 posts, read 26,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy K View Post
"Chicago isn't the east coast"

Thanks Captain Obvious.

I mentioned I'm from the east coast several times. I just spent time in Chicago. All the dumb "homer" comments make no sense, since DC is really home. I just prefer LA/California.

Chicago women beat most east coast cities anyway.
You are from DC now? You hardly post about DC, I bet you know next to nothing about DC. If you are from DC, which is questionable, you left when you were very young. You are a midwesterner, which is the bulk of the transplants to California, especially southern California.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:42 PM

I've made numerous references to being from DC since I've been on this forum. I've told you that before. I think I told you in this thread. It's sad.

I 'm born and raised in the DC area, 21 years. All my family is in the DC area. So too freaking bad if you don't beliieve me.
I don't believe most of the crap you say about anything. You're the one who has to keep changing their name. Because......??

I'm an east coast guy who lives in LA. I've met tons of east coast people in LA. More than anywhere else, actually . A good amount from Boston, NYC, DC, New England, Philly etc.

Last edited by Freddy K; 02-21-2016 at 08:52 PM..

Old 02-21-2016, 08:55 PM

32 posts, read 26,299 times
Quote:
I've made numerous references to being from DC since I've been on this forum. I've told you that before. I think I told you in this thread. It's sad.

I 'm born and raised in the DC area, 21 years. All my family is in the DC area. So too freaking bad if you don't beliieve me.
I don't believe most of the crap you say about anything. You're the one who has to keep changing their name. Because......??

I'm an east coast guy who lives in LA. I've met tons of east coast people in LA. More than anywhere else, actually . A good amount from Boston, NYC, DC, New England, Philly etc.
Looking at your statistics, you never posted in the DC subforum but have in the Chicago subforum. So your first 21 years you were in DC or some suburb? What was your highschool and what's your current cell-phone area code?

Old 02-21-2016, 08:58 PM

Lol

I'm from Reston went to South Lakes High. Langston Hughes middle.

703 was my area code. My area code is 312 now (Downtown Chicago)

Worked all over the area. Vienna. Herndon. Ballston. DC. Alexandria. Tysons.

I don't post in those local forums but I do read them occassionally.

Family in Capitol Hill, Annandale, McLean, Burke, Herndon, Ashburn, Takoma Park etc etc

Old 02-21-2016, 09:26 PM

366 posts, read 401,391 times
Quote:
And what exactly did I say anything about Chicago that was silly?
It's my second favorite place.

I'm pretty sure most "knowledgeable" people wouldn't take your comment seriously. .
Let's do it on a point based system, if we gave your "second favorite place" Chicago a 50, LA would be about a 500, if not more. Being your second favorite place seems to be a pretty useless prospect in that regard. I doubt you use it for anything but flawed attempts to sound objective when you're called out.

Honestly, if one were to go though your posts, it will be harder find things you have said that aren't silly. Also, I would love to hear who your idea of knowledgeable posters are in this forum. Guessing those would be useful in future ignore list entries.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:29 PM

So the answer to my question of what did I say about Chicago. .

You don't have a clue.

That seems about right for you.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX2MIA4 View Post
You are from DC now? You hardly post about DC, I bet you know next to nothing about DC. If you are from DC, which is questionable, you left when you were very young. You are a midwesterner, which is the bulk of the transplants to California, especially southern California.
Even if the guy was telling the truth about living in DC and Chicago, his knowledge level in regards to them are very low to outright ignorant. I've seen native DC poster call him out when he's tried to get involved in their discussion (and guess what, it was for LA boasting purposes), if he had the guts to get involved more, as according to him he knows so much about the place, I would be surprised if he isn't called out more. Same goes for Chicago.

It's a pretty flawed logic anyways that if you live in a particular city, you are just automatically educated about it. It's also hard to be objective about places when you look at your favorite city from such a huge cheerleader point of view.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:
So the answer to my question of what did I say about Chicago. .

You don't have a clue.

That seems about right for you.
Let's play you game. Point out to us the "knowledgeable" things you have posted about Chicago.

Given that over 95% of your time here are spent cheerleading for LA and taking petty nonsensical jabs at those pitted against it, my suggestion seems easier.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneKane View Post
Even if the guy was telling the truth about living in DC and Chicago, his knowledge level in regards to them are very low to outright ignorant. I've seen native DC poster call him out when he's tried to get involved in their discussion (and guess what, it was for LA boasting purposes), if he had the guts to get involved more, as according to him he knows so much about the place, I would be surprised if he isn't called out more. Same goes for Chicago.

It's a pretty flawed logic anyways that if you live in a particular city, you are just automatically educated about it. It's also hard to be objective about places when you look at your favorite city from such a huge cheerleader point of view.
Those are some sad assumptions.
I don't post because I don't care what goes on there anymore.

I can say the same thing about you. You might be from California but you don't know anything about it.

If you actually were..

See how that stupid game goes ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.