U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 08:49 PM

5,293 posts, read 3,508,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
How can an opinion be proven wrong?? Some of you guys really misrepresent your city with these unnecessarily defensive and combative posts in every thread that features Atlanta. Its extremely petty.

...I can see why he or anyone else would choose to "duck out", as you put it.
Do you have reading comprehension issues? Reread my post, and attempt to reply again intelligently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
I wasn't saying that those were the best examples of southern food in Atlanta. I'm saying they are in the overrated crowd. I'm well aware that good southern food exists in Atlanta, just not on the level of other places. Busy B's is decent but not great. Never been to the other two.
So let me make sure I have this right.

You, as someone that doesn't live here claims to know the entire depth and breadth of our food offerings? Do you realize that this Metro is practically larger than the ENTIRE states of South Carolina & Alabama combined?

This is the freaking embodiment of the South, in every possible way - good and bad. Deal with it.

For you to lessen that and attempt to minimalize it, says more about you than it does about Atlanta.

Last edited by JMatl; 06-07-2015 at 09:16 PM..

Old 06-07-2015, 09:58 PM

1,874 posts, read 2,363,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
You are petty because you are so biased against Atlanta poster even when they are right,You are hardly the moral authority here.
You NEVER chime in when others than Atlantans are proven wrong or rude.How PHONY
You represent yourself poorly by being so blatantly one sided
Incorrect. I've defended Atlanta in the past...and even recently. But posters like you who fellate themselves over the mere mention of Atlanta give me every reason not to mention the city as much as I'd like to. That doesn't make me "one-sided". I'd simply rather not someone categorize me with you and your obsessions. Anyone can view my post history for reference. I just hope that onlookers don't think you and a few others are indicative of how people actually are in Atlanta. Its a mistake I personally made prior to my first trip there and meeting native Atlantans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Do you have reading comprehension issues? Reread my post, and attempt to reply again intelligently.
Oh snap, you gave me the hand! Lol...along with the typical and sophomoric insult to my intellect. If I were a child I would take that approach as well.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Incorrect. I've defended Atlanta in the past...and even recently. But posters like you who fellate themselves over the mere mention of Atlanta give me every reason not to mention the city as much as I'd like to. That doesn't make me "one-sided". I'd simply rather not someone categorize me with you and your obsessions. Anyone can view my post history for reference. I just hope that onlookers don't think you and a few others are indicative of how people actually are in Atlanta. Its a mistake I personally made prior to my first trip there and meeting native Atlantans.

Oh snap, you gave me the hand! Lol...along with the typical and sophomoric insult to my intellect. If I were a child I would take that approach as well.
So then wake up, and smell that nasty chicory coffee you guys seem to favor.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:33 PM

9,086 posts, read 13,290,084 times
Quote:

You can insult me all you want.I have an Airbnb "Superhost" profile where I have hosted people from every corner of the globe and out of maybe 100 people gotten one bad review and it was mutual.
As well as my Couch surfing.Org post so I know who I am ad how I potray myself.
Im so sick and tired of you making it known you dont like Atlanta posters.I DONT CARE ABOUT YOU!
You are a NOBODY.
You need to examine yourself before you put judgment on others.

Name ONE incident where I "attacked" somebody or was "rude" FIRST and not in response to a remark said that was negative to begin with?
yet all I hear from you is how bad we Atlanta posters are but you NEVER sided when an Atlanta poster was right because we are ALWAYS wrong.

Quote:
Wow. Every once in a while, through all the useless, defensive banter from a few posters,
Quote:
Because of the delusional nature of some Atlanta posters on this site, I typically refrain from stating anything about Atlanta,
Quote:
Regardless of whether or not "most" of Georgia posters post here, there are more Georgia posters on the site and they are far more active in this forum than LA posters...this is not an opinion.
Quote:
According to his post history it looks as if ignorant statements is his modus operandi.
GET A LIFE!!

You've hit home in almost every other post you write how much you dislike Atlanta posters.You just show how one sided you are by "amen: every post someone says that is contradictory to Atlanta posters.
You are such a hypocrite.

What I am is a fair minded individual that does not take favor because someone said something they did not like about Atlanta unlike you who still have an ax to grind regarding post in the New Orleans vs Atlanta thread and other threads.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:50 PM

^This poster is clearly delusional. I'm guessing Gentilly is just an aspiration, and they really live in Tremaine.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:00 PM

1,874 posts, read 2,363,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
...all I hear from you is how bad we Atlanta posters are but you NEVER sided when an Atlanta poster was right because we are ALWAYS wrong.
Incorrect. Here's what you omitted in my quote:
Quote:
Because of the delusional nature of some Atlanta posters on this site, I typically refrain from stating anything about Atlanta, a city I actually do like. But I must say...your post is just ridiculous.

Atlanta is in no way flat, in fact it's topography is one of my favorite attributes. It also isn't isolated as there are mountains and coastal beaches all within short driving distance...some shorter than 5 hours.
Everything else you said was just emotional banter. "Ax to grind"?? LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
^This poster is clearly delusional. I'm guessing Gentilly is just an aspiration, and they really live in Tremaine.
Delusional. Yep, go-to response. And stop with the corny allusions to New Orleans. Not only does it have nothing to do with this discussion, but every time you attempt to bring it up, you elucidate your lack of knowledge about the area. Tremaine? Lol...stop this.

Last edited by Chilly Gentilly; 06-07-2015 at 11:18 PM..

Old 06-07-2015, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Incorrect. Here's what you omitted in my quote:

Everything else you said was just emotional banter. "Ax to grind"?? LMAO

Delusional. Yep, go-to response. And stop with the corny allusions to New Orleans. Not only does it have nothing to do with this discussion, but every time you attempt to bring it up, you elucidate your lack of knowledge about the area. Tremaine? Lol...stop this.
Emotional because I called you out?Yeh maybe so.I was just so elated to do it!!LOL
You dont comprehend well Your ax to grind is with Atlanta posters.I said that as much.I don't care if you like Atlanta or not.
I only posted SOME of your wry remarks toward Atlanta posters.They go back a long way.Get over it,
Im still waiting on you explaining how I have been defensive for no reason.You cant.

Old 06-08-2015, 07:19 AM

29,940 posts, read 27,375,616 times
This is crazy. Mega man said he simply believes that fried chicken is better in the Deep South than the Upper South, which is just an opinion. That doesn't mean he believes there isn't any great fried chicken to be found in the Upper South; I can't believe this discussion is spiraling out of control over a simple opinion.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
This is crazy. Mega man said he simply believes that fried chicken is better in the Deep South than the Upper South, which is just an opinion. That doesn't mean he believes there isn't any great fried chicken to be found in the Upper South; I can't believe this discussion is spiraling out of control over a simple opinion.
Not true.I did not have a problem with his opinion.I did not even attacked it.I just questioned why he thought the places he mentioned were the best in Atlanta.He exp;ained and I moved on.

My problem is with Chilly and his/her CONSTANT jabs at Atlanta posters.It unrelenting as I showed his many comments
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or