U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 02:41 PM

6,072 posts, read 3,399,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Upon reading up on the Utah deal...it's tied in to historical events (something about crickets) and Mormanism, go figure. They have traditionally inhabited the area around the Great Salt Lake.
That actually makes sense then, seeing as Great Salt Lake has saltwater
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 02:50 PM

21,367 posts, read 21,930,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Tiny lobsters? Do you mean "crawdads"? I hope y'all do because I love them, and wanna move up to Minnesota
yeah! crawdads

Old 06-04-2015, 02:54 PM

35,266 posts, read 32,223,021 times
Seagulls are everywhere. They are even in CO which is about as landlocked as you can get.

Old 06-04-2015, 02:56 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,404,127 times
Quote:
They're everywhere in Miami. My family would feed them the leftover scraps from the delicious Publix fried chicken. You must not be a native or have grown up in Miami if you never saw any! You'd also see them at the K-Mart near LeJeune and Flagler. If there's one thing I miss about Florida, it's the seagulls. They're quieter and more polite than the Cubans
Well, it's been contended by many that he doesn't even live there now. Either way, I would not be surprised.

Quote:
What does saltwater have to do with anything, though? Great Lakes are freshwater, and there are more seagulls per square mile than you can shake a stick at.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:00 PM

6,072 posts, read 3,399,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Well, it's been contended by many that he doesn't even live there now. Either way, I would not be surprised.

What does saltwater have to do with anything, though? Great Lakes are freshwater, and there are more seagulls per square mile than you can shake a stick at.
True, however I can imagine any group of seagulls that may have migrated from a coastal Pacific area to have settled there and established a colony. Even then, besides the lake, Utah seems like a far reach for them! It's a dry and mountainous terrain.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:04 PM

35,266 posts, read 32,223,021 times
Quote:
Salt water has nothing to do with it. Sea gulls gather around fresh water puddles to drink and bathe. While they "can" drink salt water they definitely prefer fresh water.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:12 PM

3,698 posts, read 4,536,862 times
Seriously? You can find those rats along the river in Pittsburgh.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:42 AM

5,442 posts, read 8,163,070 times
Well we have "Sea" gulls here in Denver, so it always use to confuse me why there were seagulls here but no sea. Someone probably already said it, but there's really no such thing as a seagull, just gulls. I think they live in most places in the U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Seagulls are everywhere. They are even in CO which is about as landlocked as you can get.
Yeah, this

Old 06-05-2015, 10:48 AM
Status: "could've~would've~should've used 'have', not 'of'" (set 27 days ago)

10,512 posts, read 14,350,116 times
Yeah, everywhere, even saw them in Memphis. Sand pipers OTOH, those are what I associate with beaches!

Old 06-05-2015, 10:53 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,404,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Yeah, everywhere, even saw them in Memphis. Sand pipers OTOH, those are what I associate with beaches!
Ok, but across the country gulls are thick (and thickest) on beach areas. They can be found elsewhere, but if you're along Lake Michigan or the Atlantic shore regions, for example, they will be far more omnipresent than anywhere in the country inland. Many more people do in fact associate gulls, called "sea" gulls because of this fact, with beaches than "sand pipers."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or