U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 10:04 AM

12,700 posts, read 10,548,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
I don't care.
Yet you took the time to click the thread after reading a title you claim to not care for, hit reply then type your reply, then hit post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2015, 10:37 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,885,298 times
TEXAS, just plain boring and ugly.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:05 PM

5,720 posts, read 3,673,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
TEXAS, just plain boring and ugly.
I thought so too, at first. But I've really come to appreciate it. It's simple, it's uncluttered, it's very easy to read, and it has all the information you need: the letters and numbers, the name of the state, the shape of the state (in-between the letters and numbers), the nickname of the state, and a symbol of the state. And that's it.

I don't like that it's flat, instead of embossed. But other than that, I think it's a winner.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:09 PM

12,700 posts, read 10,548,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I thought so too, at first. But I've really come to appreciate it. It's simple, it's uncluttered, it's very easy to read, and it has all the information you need: the letters and numbers, the name of the state, the shape of the state (in-between the letters and numbers), the nickname of the state, and a symbol of the state. And that's it.

I don't like that it's flat, instead of embossed. But other than that, I think it's a winner.
I agree, I like Texas's new one. It's simple, just what a license plate needs to be. The old one was tacky, IMHO.

NJ's typical plate is so simple, so I guess I'm used to seeing ones like Texas's new one and CT's, which another rooster pointed out is basically ours except blue, not yellow. So seeing ones like Texas's old plate, or Ohio's plate I see most commonly (the one with the farm and city skyline motif), they just seem tacky to me, but it seems that many states actually employ that overdone, over-representative of the state look.

Old 06-05-2015, 01:26 PM

8,016 posts, read 9,506,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Yet you took the time to click the thread after reading a title you claim to not care for, hit reply then type your reply, then hit post.

Lol girl, I just answered the question. It wasn't even that serious.

Old 06-05-2015, 03:03 PM

21,390 posts, read 21,961,490 times
Minnesota should really true-up the number of lakes it really has so that we can stop with any johnny-come-lately state who has any false hopes or dillusions of grandeur.

also, some states (Colorado, Wyoming) have their plates in the shape of their state which is clever...other states should be ordered to do that as well.

Old 06-05-2015, 04:56 PM

3,280 posts, read 3,847,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I agree, I like Texas's new one. It's simple, just what a license plate needs to be. The old one was tacky, IMHO.

NJ's typical plate is so simple, so I guess I'm used to seeing ones like Texas's new one and CT's, which another rooster pointed out is basically ours except blue, not yellow. So seeing ones like Texas's old plate, or Ohio's plate I see most commonly (the one with the farm and city skyline motif), they just seem tacky to me, but it seems that many states actually employ that overdone, over-representative of the state look.
I quite liked the white and blue one Texas with the little space shuttle.

Old 06-05-2015, 05:10 PM

6,977 posts, read 12,513,179 times
I'm also going to add my vote for CA OR and WA needing updates. Those plate designs have been used for many years now. SC could use one also. I just don't think the Palm Tree in the middle of the plate is right for that state, makes me think of CA. MA and PA also could use update. The plate design NY has is I think a repeat of an older plate that state had. I think NY could use a more attractive plate.

While were on this subject of plates. A few weeks ago at a traffic light here in Lakeland, FL. I saw a Lexus with a FL plate that read. GODS GRL. Though I'm not surprised to see such a message in Central Florida. I was surprised to see it on a license plate. Of course one of the Fl plates we are issued here has the slogan. In God We Trust. So perhaps vanity plates can say what they want in Florida, other than derogatory words. Although I'm not completely sure I won't eventually see that.

Old 06-05-2015, 05:24 PM

378 posts, read 355,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
New Yorks new plate is ugly... I liked the old blue/white with Niagara Falls and NY skyline!
New York's plate is my favorite. It really sticks out.
Also I am partial to the classics and am not a fan of plates with pictures on them.

Old 06-05-2015, 05:26 PM

378 posts, read 355,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I think California, Washington, and Oregon do. They have been doing the basic design for 25+ years now. How about something different? Plus, all three states use blue numerals against white. This can't be helpful for police agencies. I would like to see some creative new designs for all three west coast states. Are there others who have outlived their usefulness? Perhaps Colorado, or Minnesota?
Colorado's plate is perfect for that state. It's basic design has been around for 50 years and should stay for another 50.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or