U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-04-2015, 06:36 PM
 
18,846 posts, read 13,592,109 times
Reputation: 14263

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Mediterranean in the summer is warmer than the Pacific Ocean in California. Visit the Med in the summer and you'll see what I mean. Even the Florida Panhandle beaches are cold in April.

Sorry the post I was responding to specifically stated April in california so if you are comparing that to august elsewhere it's really not comparable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-04-2015, 06:54 PM
 
6,374 posts, read 11,525,841 times
Reputation: 3035
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I agree that this was, from the start, a thread to attract those who are hostile toward all things California. Although it may be because of the general dislike of anyone migrating to TX, which Californians have done, I have never really understood why such hostility is a rallying point in Austin. I assure you that Californians don't feel hostile toward Texans, even if some of them move there.

.
No actually it wasnt for that purpose at all. There were many threads bashing texas beaches, my point mainly was if you havent been to texas beaches but romanticize california beaches you should give texas beaches another look because the texas beaches are on par with the california beaches and water quality.

Here are some examples:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/3899020-post35.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/3748828-post1.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/39365273-post42.html

etc etc

Northern californian liberals are hostile towards texas, texans and texas policies

Last edited by Austin97; 06-04-2015 at 07:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2015, 07:05 PM
 
Location: Austin TX
5,972 posts, read 3,458,810 times
Reputation: 8068
Two eight-year old posts and one from April of this year constitute "many threads bashing Texas beaches?"

Riiiight. You're really stretching here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2015, 07:29 PM
 
Location: home
1,235 posts, read 1,129,595 times
Reputation: 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I've been on the Mediterranean the last 3 Aprils and found the water unplesently cold so I'm not sure where you are hitting up where it's great
The Israeli coast. I actually went swimming in it this past January through March. It was a warm spring (lots of 80's / sunny) and the water was a little brisk, but it doesn't keep myself (or the Russians) from swimming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2015, 07:39 PM
 
6,374 posts, read 11,525,841 times
Reputation: 3035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Two eight-year old posts and one from April of this year constitute "many threads bashing Texas beaches?"

Riiiight. You're really stretching here.
Obviously I just picked the first ones that came up in a google search. They exist in other years. Sorry you couldnt figure that out for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2015, 08:01 PM
 
18,846 posts, read 13,592,109 times
Reputation: 14263
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourner77 View Post
The Israeli coast. I actually went swimming in it this past January through March. It was a warm spring (lots of 80's / sunny) and the water was a little brisk, but it doesn't keep myself (or the Russians) from swimming.


Either your memory is poor or you enjoy cold water because the water temps are under 70 degrees and on average well under that


The temps actually decline in Haifa from jan through March, march average low 60s. That's warm enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2015, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Austin
559 posts, read 229,944 times
Reputation: 995
Are freakin' beaches now the latest proxy battleground in the red vs blue war? I bet if you scratch below the surface of these beach warriors you'll find it's rooted in the mentality of - "Californian liberals suck. AND YOUR BEACHES SUCK TOO! NYAH!"

I'm a native Texan. I've greatly enjoyed Texas' beaches for many years. California's beaches are better.

There I said it. It's been a real struggle to ignore the dreadlocked hordes of godless communists infesting them but when I learned to differentiate socialism from sand I managed to have a hell of a good time. I would suggest some of you need to learn to do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2015, 08:34 PM
 
25 posts, read 20,177 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Are freakin' beaches now the latest proxy battleground in the red vs blue war? I bet if you scratch below the surface of these beach warriors you'll find it's rooted in the mentality of - "Californian liberals suck. AND YOUR BEACHES SUCK TOO! NYAH!"

I'm a native Texan. I've greatly enjoyed Texas' beaches for many years. California's beaches are better.

There I said it. It's been a real struggle to ignore the dreadlocked hordes of godless communists infesting them but when I learned to differentiate socialism from sand I managed to have a hell of a good time. I would suggest some of you need to learn to do the same.
Pretty sure the politics of the beach goers had nothing to do with the thread.

Although the irony of a "native Texan" internet gangstering with a ripped off name from The Wire is rather humorous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2015, 09:28 PM
 
Location: Austin
559 posts, read 229,944 times
Reputation: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGnomo View Post
Pretty sure the politics of the beach goers had nothing to do with the thread.
Oh I'm pretty sure that it does. I think you're in denial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGnomo
Although the irony of a "native Texan" internet gangstering with a ripped off name from The Wire is rather humorous
Are you having difficulty wrapping your head around a native Texan enjoying some Wire trivia? Don't overthink this. You're trying to be way too clever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2015, 10:06 PM
 
25 posts, read 20,177 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Oh I'm pretty sure that it does. I think you're in denial.



Are you having difficulty wrapping your head around a native Texan enjoying some Wire trivia? Don't overthink this. You're trying to be way too clever.
Double irony points for the "don't overthink this". Seriously, identity politics is so passť.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top